Lighting question about cfl setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighting question about cfl setup

Hey guys I'm planning to grow 3 or 4 auto's in a 2x2x4 tent and was wondering if thirteen 23 watt cfl bulbs would make the tent too hot? I will be starting out with one of those smaller metal desk fans for exhaust mounted up top and plan on buying a 4" inline duct fan and carbon filter once I start flowering it's just I half to watch my spending to start. These bulbs were the cheapest I could find ($10.46 for 4) for 13 of them = 20,800 lumans and 299 watts total.

Just hook everything up before you put your plants in there and see how everything runs! Check the temp after a while and see that it stays consistent and if not figure out how to stabilize it. But i have the same size tent with a "600w" LED with a single exhaust fan out the bottom and my temp sits at 72ºf ALL DAY. So im sure your cfls will be fine. Plus they're only 23watters lol youll be good. Just test it. Plent of watts tho! So as long as your temps right, youll grow some great buds. Oh, do you have any pics of your setup? Thatd be cool to see. I use to grow micro cfl but never anything on your scale. Excited to see and good luck!
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

Juicyj89 Thanks for the reply! Sounds like it will work then glad to hear I'll have some pics soon in the auto showdown thread (Participating to learn) I'll be growing 3 Sour Livers autos from Mephisto Genetics (The Livers x Sour Crack) Picked this strain cause the sour crack has all the medical effects I want and is dank but the yield is pretty low on it's own but after they bred it with the livers it increased yield.

Comment

• Juicyj89
        Juicyj89 commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem man. Anytime. But okay cool. Like i said really looking forward to seeing your set-up. But that sounds like the right strain for you then. Ive never heard of the hybrid but im sure its great. I cant say ive ever read anything bad about mephisto either. Again good luck!

According to Nebula's thorough research you may not have enough CFLs for 4 plants. https://www.growweedeasy.com/cfls#ho...color-spectrum

Comment

• Juicyj89
        Juicyj89 commented
        Editing a comment
        True. Itd be spot on for 2 tho!

Howdy bhaskaraphoenix, I have been using cfl lamps for eight grows now. I have a closet (2 ft. X 6 ft. X 8 ft.) with two 10 gallon DWC reservoirs in it. I have two home made lamps with four 55 watt (250 watt equivalent) bulbs each. The closet does stay about 15° to 20° F warmer than the room temperature. I have a small 6 in. Dura breeze fixed fan at the top drawing out the hot air at the top.
      In an enclosed tent, I would expect that You would need to provide some way to exhaust the warmer air at the top of the tent to maintain the proper temperature for growing. I try to maintain the temperature between 80° F and 90° F,
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Yes, in a 2x2x4 tent will a lot of cfls, you are definitely gonna need an exaust fan, to remove the heat.
        Good Luck with your grow .
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X