No announcement yet.

First time growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The clawing happened to me when the nutes hit over 1000ppm...from that point on after 3 tries to raise it, I just left it around 800....my starting baseline was around 130-145ppm

Comment

My baseline is 159 and when the clawing first shown i was at 560 ppm. The new mix is 695 ppm. Doesn't seem like it should be too much but we'll see. Hadn't gotten any better or worse after about 5 hours light/ 6 hours of darkness that it's been this way so far. Everything I've read says blue dream loves nitrogen too and that's what the clawing plant is. Ph had been stable at 6 for a week and a half as well so it was kinda of strange. Other than that my two new Main stems seem to be coming in on all except one that i grazed a leaf stem and it seemed to have affected it because it stayed small until it healed and is now smaller than the other. So hopefully those stems will start coming in now.
      Last edited by Jsimo; 12-15-2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

FYI: I was never able to reverse the claw once it was seen and I really think a very slight bump over my target ppm (about 750 total) would cause it too start again.. I just always followed a General Hydro trio to about 3/4 of recommended dosages and when I saw the claw starting.... total complete flush.... near 40 gallons. The lawn should be growing like crazy come spring😜

Comment

Well the one i nicked the leaf on i ended up topping it below that node due to that leaf not growing at all and the new growth below it growing really fast. It seems like it was growing like it was topped anyways because nothing was growing in between the two top leaves like the others. I kind of like how that plant turned out the best anyways (top left). Still waiting for the other pants to grow their new stems but they're also filling out a lot everywhere at the same time. Kinda worried about how tall they're getting. The scrog tutorial has you wait untill they grow out to start tying things down but mine seem much larger than the pictures so idk if i did something wrong here but oh well lol. They do seem to be growing much faster now if you take into account the amount of leaves they're growing at once.

Comment

Well they are growing pretty damn fast! Started tying down finally, just didn't know what i was going to do at the top of the blue dreams because they were growing so much different, not really bushy at all compared to the black Russians, but I suppose that's the sativa dominance. Next time around i think I'll have the initial topping part down a lot better. I mainly just tried to tie down to get everything inside a bit more light. After they kind of recover and start looking up again I'll do my last pinching on them and get ready for the screen. I'm not 100% sure on when most people put their screens in, i just want those blue dream tops to grow out a bit so they're a little easier to manipulate.

Comment

So here's where i currently sit. Been fighting with Tying them down, going to have to come up with a new system next grow, but I'm making due. I'll probably put the screen in this week once my ventilation stuff arrives. Broke a main branch in the top right plant but you can hardly tell. I pinched most of the new growth about 4 days ago, some are getting the newer growth coming in. My questions are:

Should i defoliate any of the fan leaves? If so, how much?

Should i be cutting off the lower branches and growth? Lollipopping?

How much longer should i give them before switching to 12/12?
              ​​​​​​Not sure how much i should let the new growth tips grow after pinching before switching over.

Comment

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Do not use any of those techniques during veg. How long they veg depends on your light source. You want to stack enough nodes tall to best utilize the available light. You want the plants wide to cover the square area. Looks like you still have a way to go if your light is half decent. I use HID so might be better to get someone to chime in if they use the same style of lighting as you do.

Well I had the scrog in but took it back out for now. I have been keeping things spread out a bit and have had new growths constantly filling the center in. I think I'm about as wide as I'm going to get it. They're about 10 inches tall from base to the highest points as well. They all seem to be Pretty healthy and i imagine in the next few weeks i should be switching then.

Comment

It's been a little bit, not much to report, everything seems to be going pretty good. I'm about a week and 2 days into 12/12. I might have vegged a week too long as it's starting to get crowded on the blue dream side. But everything is looking healthy!

Comment

Little update, coming into my 4th week after the switch, everything still looks really healthy! Woke up to some starting to get their crystals. Looks

Comment

• Jsimo
                    Jsimo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Definitely got a bit crowded as well

That is a great feeling when you see the development of trichomes. Kinda lets you know the plants like you 😇 after all the time you spent with them

Comment

Crazy...that’s funny .......but what’s worse, I actually remember (after seeing it) that we had watched that particular award show so long ago.

Comment

Quick update and a question. So far everything is still looking healthy, i feel like I'm getting the nutrients Right and have it down. So I'm happy about that.

Now the question, a lot of my leaves have this red stripe on them, is that fairly normal or a sign of something i should watch out for? It looks cool as shit but wanted to make sure there's not something going on that shouldn't be.

Comment

• BurningTeddy
                      BurningTeddy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looking good!

In regard to the red stems..it happens to every one of my plants. If it's just the tops of the leaf stems, it's nothing to worry about. Think about it like plant sunblock lol.

• Jsimo
                      Jsimo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Alright good deal, yeah it's only a small strip on the top of the leaf stems
                      Last edited by Jsimo; 02-16-2019, 01:19 AM.

Agreed... at this stage of the growth cycle, it reminds me of the fall foliage in New England, it’s kinda cool looking. Face it... your marathon is almost at the finish line.

Comment

Nice job. Blue dream is my favorite smoke i ever grew. Your gonna get some nice buds.

Comment

So the past couple weeks I've had a ph drop happening usually right before I'm planning on changing the res anyways. I've never had that throughout the grow, normally i was fighting a raising ph. The plants look fine. I checked the roots for the first time in idk how long and was pretty amazed by how much of that tub is all roots. I wanted to check them to see if maybe there was some rot going on causing the ph issues but they seem pretty good looking. Any thoughts? Could it just be depleting the nutrients from the water that normally raised the ph when i mix it? Ppm hasn't seemed to change much

Also, the blue dream that stretched a ton during the beginning of flower seems to be lagging behind quite a bit on size of the buds. I'm not sure if it's an optical illusion and it's about the same but the huge node spacing is making it look light or not. That one plant just shoo up about 6 inches taller than the three other plants and i couldn't get it to cooperate lol.

Comment

• Jsimo
                          Jsimo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Last pic is of the barer looking blue dream as well

• Toker1
                          Toker1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          PH drop means the plant is drinking more water than nutrients. Has the temperature increases at all since then?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X