No announcement yet.

First time growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the vent ideas. Doing a similiar .change next year. So much easier. Venting is more important than you may think. Nice to have some air leaks that can replace the vented air. My old house has no problem there. Air leaks in everywhere. Some of the newer houses are pretty darned air tight

Comment

So the two black Russians poked out, the blue dream hasn't yet, when should i introduce them to light and put them into the net pots? I'm heading to Lowe's here soon and was thinking about grabbing a couple 6500k fluorescent bulbs for a 4' fixture i have to start them in so I'm not putting too much on them with the LEDs right away. Is that a good plan or unnecessary?

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        When they are small like this... they don’t need much light. When they get bigger, more light will be neseesary then.

And for future reference, was in necessary to cover them up to keep it dark if i already had s piece of the rapid router covering the hole? Hopefully i didn't mess it up before i even started lol. The two that sprouted look pretty sad, but this morning they were just barely lifting the little plugs from the holes so they're just barely ito

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        The sprouts will be kept in the dark as long as they are covered by the medium and no light enters the space where the sprout is.

Ok, so a cfl would be good until i start getting some leaves going?

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, a small cfl will work fine for the first few weeks.

Sweet, thanks!

Comment

Is this normal or is it mold growing around the stem?

Comment

• Shock
          Shock commented
          Editing a comment
          That's normal. That's your tap root sending out other tiny roots getting ready to anchor itself.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Push a little soil gently around it, to cover it up from light.

You may want another container for multiple plants. This is what mine looked like at 21 days and were already crowding each other. I had only planned on growing 2 plants ultimately though.
        Attached Files

Comment

These are my remaining two. I'll advise you to be careful when manifolding so you don't break off one half of your plant like I did to the one on the left.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Shock; 11-24-2018, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Well we will see on this grow, hoping i can train them enough to keep them separated. They have about 11 inches between them. Looking like only 3 are going to take, one blue dream hasn't thought of coming up yet. I convered the bases to block the light to the roots.

Edited: something about this site seems to autocorrect things when typing from my phone, so many mistakes lol
            Last edited by Jsimo; 11-24-2018, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Moved the light quite a bit closer now as two of them seem to have stretched quite a bit overnight. I did have it at about 2 ft above just to have some light, but moved it to about 6 inches above. It's a 2 bulb 48 inch fluorescent fixture with two 40w 6500k bulbs. Waiting a week or two to start up the LEDs. The blue dream is growing funny but looks like it's trying to straighten itself out. One of the black Russians hasnt lost it's shell yet, and i can't get it off without bending the stem so I'm just hoping it'll do it on it's own. I added a VERY light level of nutrients today, about 1.5 tsp of each gh bottle. Ppm went from 175 to 250 so it's probably a negligable amount lol.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Morning you need to get that hull off, if you can,
                Lightly mist it ,an get something like a toothpick, an gently try to remove it.
                I can't see the one very well in your pictures, but if it doesn't come of soon, there is gonna be a problem.
                It's easy to remove, you just have to be gentle,
                Good Luck. And HappyGrowing

Ok, got it, let a drop of water run off my tiny screwdriver onto it and after a minute or so i was able to just knock it off!

Comment

Well i popped the plug off the one i thought was a goner and not germinating and i saw that it has a stem and the casing almost off. I poked the casing and it just fell off. I'm hoping it'll try to stretch for the light now but I'm not sure if it'll give it a shot or not. Hoping for the best but i had already ruled it out so i won't be too heartbroken if it doesn't.

Comment

In think she's gonna make it! About 1.5 inches above ground and opened up. The fluorescent bulb was taken out since they all started stretching towards it and curving at it no matter how close i got. Put in one led at first and they still wanted to grow to where it was centered at so i put the other in and they started straightening out. i can see the serrated leaves starting but one plant is about 3 inches above already so i imagine i could have prevented it from stretching that far, unless that's normal. I did give a slight bump to nutrients, I'm at about half the value for seedlings now according to the ghe chart. Temps stay at 75 with the leds running, and about 45 humidity with everything sealed up. Water temp has stayed a consistent 66 degrees since i put the thermometer in about 4 days ago as well. Currently have the leds about 31 inches from the tallest plant, not wanted to do anything to stress them to much until they get some real leaves on then.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking good @Jaimo .
                  I'm not a Dwc guy but I do like watching cannabis grow, if you need you can support them with a tooth pick, or something of like matter. Just be gentle if need be when doing so, as long as you keep them from stretching too much more, they will fill out and be fine.
                  I try to remember I'm growing roots first, then leaf.
                  Happy growing and Thanks for sharing.

Forgot pictures

Comment

Do i have a problem if the first set of leaves is coming in a bit lighter than the seed leaves? I wanna catch anything before it becomes a big issue

Comment

• BurningTeddy
                    BurningTeddy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    New growth is always a little lighter green than the rest. No issue.

• Jsimo
                    Jsimo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ok cool, i just didn't want things going downhill while i was at work so i raised the lights a bit before leaving. They're and 32 inches above the plants. Not sure where i should have the viparspectra 450s at at this stage
                    Last edited by Jsimo; 11-29-2018, 05:02 PM.

• BurningTeddy
                    BurningTeddy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Seedlings dont need much light and i dont have any experience with LEDs so I cant help there sorry.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X