No announcement yet.

First time growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm i did add another light, 200w (from the wall) cob fixture. So i imagine the temp raised a bit (totaling 600w from the wall now) my temp/humidity monitor was losing display segments on the temp a while back bit since the temps were always high 60s to low 70s once winter hit i stopped paying much attention. But they are drinking a lot of water lately. I could turn my exhaust fan up to keep pulling out the hotter air as i have it around medium/Low speed. The water in the root zone tends to stay strong 62° i tried tuning my pump on more often to warm it a bit but i may put my foot bucket on something to insulate it from the concrete to get those temps up a bit more.

Sounds like the next grow might be in it's own room, fiance has approved a plan i proposed to use a small section of the basement to make room. Have about 11' by 8' i can use, was thinking 5x8 veg, 6x8 flower. And then going with some cobs, quantum boards, or the chilled pucks for the flower room. Still planning but im thinking i can seal it off better and have more room for climate controlling things

Comment

Those roots are fine and a separate room is what I did in the warehouse if you can use some outside corner, especially with a window, it give you some terrific venting options

Comment

Originally posted by Farmall View Post
        Those roots are fine and a separate room is what I did in the warehouse if you can use some outside corner, especially with a window, it give you some terrific venting options
        I have a 4" dryer vent (not being used) in the area that i can duct to, haven't used it yet since the carbon filter seems to have been taking care of the smell so far. But the extra space would be nice, and the ability to hang more, have higher ceiling, and extra room for whatever i'd need.

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Good. I had 9 guys in the warehouse that always questioned me on what the skunk smell was. Some days ..wow

So after saying everything looks good, i woke up this morning to the first somewhat worrying thing I've seen in quite a while. Some of my leaves, not really top leaves but not leaves that are shaded either started going pale. I know it's a bit normal for leaves to die later in flower, but if i should have about 3-4 weeks left should they be yellowing yet? (Trichomes aren't looking like they're changing yet) Or did i go a bit low on nitrogen the last res change? I will be changing the res tonight but i wanted to make sure first so i can correct it. There same leaf, two different camera settings to try to get a good pic of the issue, and some tops for comparison.
        Last edited by Jsimo; 03-02-2019, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Jsimo
          Jsimo commented
          Editing a comment
          Well i had cut down slightly on micro and grow last change, wondering if i shouldn't have went lower on micro. Some stuff i read looks like it may be a cal/mag problem. I went back up on micro to where i had it before and bought a bottle of calmag and using s half dose of that as well to see if everything clears up

Anyone that's grown blue dream before, does it just take a while to start to plump up? Or did mine just stretch so much that it's kinda screwed? I'm about 5 or 6 weeks since flowers started showing and it's looking a little light

Comment

Checked the trichs as i should be getting somewhat close, all appear to be clear still. Getting some yellowing leaves on the tall blue dream which i figure is normal for this late. Still not sure why it looks like it's not going to produce much. I think I needed to control that stretch a bit more, keep the bottoms cleaned up (it had grown a lot of branches underneath that i didn't catch fast enough) and shouldn't have pinched so many tips when training. And i think all together i let the tent get way too crowded as the canopy is extremely thick. Only one plant looks like I feel like they should, and that one is the one i broke a branch or two on so it isn't spreading it's weight out as much. Hopefully next grow will go better in it's own room with a new light I'M currently building.

Comment

The best learning curve you can get.... put it all to use next time

Comment

Not sure if my plants have just gone to a crawl or what. Trichs haven't changed much which i thought they would have been starting to by now. The bluedream hasn't fastened up much. Only the one plant looks like it has much substance to it as far as i can tell. I've tried a few different things nutrient wise about a week apart each time and no real change. The one plant got some yellowing leaves a little back after a ph issue i had but I'm not really sure what's happening. Just trying to finish this grow out and get into my bigger space that's almost done. But also hoping I'm not doing anything really wrong right now that'll carry over into the next grow.

Comment

I'm growing a Blue Dream right now and it's a strange beast. It's so sativa dominant it's flowering doesn't match anything I've grown before, and the leaves are so long and so narrow. I'm on day 30 or so and the buds are definitely thin/airy and behind the other plants. I expect it to go much longer than the rest. I expect they will fatten later on but it's new to me so I'm not sure. I'd say hang on and wait for it. What day into flowering are you at?
                On the pale leaves, not sure but I now have a list of things that seem to cause all my problems, in order of most likely:
                1. pH
                2. Too much light
                3. Pots too wet (Coco with not enough perlite right now.)
                Every time I see something that doesn't look right, it's one of the above.

Of course your doing dwc so your issues are pretty different than my coco. I should add that I too have found that during veg the pH wants to rise, and during flowering it wants to drop. Likely due to the shift to more phosphorus and potassium in the nute mix and the plants pulling more of that out. Potassium seems to be a big factor for my current grow.

My Blue Dream is also having more yellowing leaves at the bottom of the canopy compared to the rest of my plants so your experiences seem to match mine.

I'll be following your Blue Dream with interest!
                Last edited by MadMike; 04-01-2019, 09:32 AM.
                3rd Grow - Coco
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...crop-coco-grow

Comment

Well sadly i had a scare at the end of last week with the plants starting to hermie. Pulled 3 branches that had the little bananas forming and started to flush. Trichs looked like there was a decent amount of ambering so luckily it happened at the end. None of the blue dream really got super thick but my conditions weren't exactly ideal. I let everything get way too crowded and didn't defoliate much at all before switching to flowering. I can see that there's 1 or 2 more affected branches currently and going to probably harvest Wednesday. Next grow will be in a much larger room i built and going to use the knowledge of this grow to hopefully not repeat the same mistakes again. But just by looking at them I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of smoke to hold us over until my next harvest!

Comment

Every grow is such a learning experience. Glad to hear the plants only turned hermaphroditic at the end. A great save. If it gives you any consolation, my Blue Dream seems to defy fattening up and it started foxtailing and I've been working to fix that. I still have 40+ days to go with it I think so there is still time to see how it develops, but I think your experience with it isn't wildly out of line.
                    Happy smoking and good luck on the next grow room!
                    3rd Grow - Coco
                    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...crop-coco-grow

Comment

Chopped the plants this weekend and trimmed and hung them. First time I've ever tried trimming so hopefully i did it right, i kinda erred on the side if taking off as much leaf mass as i could find. Never really got big colas out of the blue dream, got a couple nice ones out of the black Russian though. There fiance who will be consuming most of it is already in love with the ones i cut and dried early before even flushing. Waiting for the dry to actually weigh anything. Although it probably wasnt the ideal grow, it looks like we have plant to last us until the next harvest!

Comment

Ended up with 4.6 ounces of blue dream, and 2.5 of black Russian. Kind of the opposite outcome i was expecting. But the multiple smaller tops from there blue dream really outdid the fewer but bigger tops on the black Russian. Now time to take what i learned there and apply it to the new grow. Trying to finish up a few things on the new room while trying to keep some clones alive in the process.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X