No announcement yet.

Coco/Perlite - PH Runoff Far Too Low / Cant Raise It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to show you guys the first of my plants that recovered and went into flower.

Never thought that id see this day again... brings a tear to my eye.

Comment

Hey Greenthumb. I had a similar experience and could never find an answer. I use coco loco for my plants. For several years watering and feeding was very mundane Almost Boring 6.5 pH in 6.5 pH out. Then one day when I got a new bag of soil all of a sudden my 6.5 in became 5. O or less out and there was not anything I could do to make it change I tried everything. All to no avail. I had one out of three plants that had the previous bag of Coco Loco in it. I noticed that every time I put 6.5 in I got 6.5 out. But only that one. ... the other two I could never get above 5.0. Which left me to believe that it was something in the soil itself that had changed. Like I said for years I never had a problem then all of a sudden bam. Still having problems with that soil . not sure if it's covid related like maybe they don't have enough people at the plant where they make it maybe the machine ran out of an ingredient and they didn't catch it in time so some bags went out without something. I have no idea all I know is what I see with my own two eyes one pot was perfect the other two bad. Just wanted to share that with you. I am currently looking into using Coco chore and amending it with perlite so that I control my own product and don't have to rely on somebody else doing it correctly. Just wanted to share this information so if anybody else has a similar problem this is one area to look at. When you have exhausted all other possibilities and still have the same problem

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        A tad behind in posting comment this post is 3yrs old. But thanks for the input Lancelot

So I am wondering how it is that there has been a recent uptick in posts that are 3-4 years old and are not current due to no recent and ongoing conversations, being brought into the current conversations by people who appear to be new members of the board. Ain't that odd.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm guessing they just don't read dates of posts, gives me a chuckle but they did get info from it. Hey normal for a newbie

I thought it a bit odd myself the time or two I got caught trying to answer a 3 year old question. I always check dates carefully now before I respond. At least we know someone is trying to read so that's a positive. There are some interesting tidbits here and there in even 3 year old posts but mostly I think they just fail to observe the dates.
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

I kinda think a new member seeking advice on a specific problem may use the search bar which would bring up pertinent posts new and old. When I was new around here I never would have noticed the dates either. But it was a blast of the past seeing some of the older hands pop up like that. I thought "cool look who's back" then I looked at the date, dang it. I kinda miss them and their snarky wisdom. Oh I forgot to mention I was impressed with the way @SeriusBisness tossed in all his grow data and a pic right off the bat.
        Last edited by PRIMO; 01-14-2022, 03:28 PM. Reason: after thought

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X