Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When using nutrients do I flush with Ph'd water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When using nutrients do I flush with Ph'd water?

Hi all. I started my plants using kind soil, but one of them turned out to be a photo. So now she's in a 12 12 room and I think the kind soil is pretty depleted. I got Mega crop to start feeding her, but I don't know much about growing using newts. Do I have to water to run off and do I have to flush the pot with pH water every couple of weeks? I know with kind soil you do not want run off because you will wash away nutrients. I am unfamiliar with growing this way.
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Water to run off and use 3/4 strength that the manufacturer suggests. I feed my plants nutes/nutes/flush. I flush with a tea mixture or molasses. And I always add CaliMagic.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      Years ago when I was growing for this sociopath it was the only girl I ever did, he had me running pH water gallon after gallon through each pot probably once a month. Maybe twice a month I don't remember. And talkin later with someone, this other person was really surprised that the first guy was having me flush at all before Harvest. And the reason I moved to kind soil was to avoid having to drag these plants downstairs 1byone and pour water through the pots plant after plant, and then bringing them all back upstairs. I have next to nil water pressure and it takes forever to do this. So do I have it right that if I'm going to grow in regular soil and not kind soil I have to bring these guys downstairs and flush every third watering?

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      I only flush if I think I made a mistake, as in, a total flush. Which is the size of the pot multiplied by 2 - that's how much water you need for a flush.
      That being said.
      I feed my plants with nutrients twice then I feed them with either a tea blend or molasses. Always with CaliMagic and properly ph'd water. I am not "flushing" them with 6 gallons of water every third watering - just another feeding, with the same amount of water as with nutrients.

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh okay. So you feed feed and then just give water with molasses or tea. I have no idea if I will need Cali magic or not. Hopefully with mega crop I will not. Thank you for these answers.

you could do the feed, feed, water, repeat feeding schedule..i use megacrop i think its great stuff! i started at 1 gram per gallon but sometimes i do 2-3 grams per gallon it depends on your plants life stage.. if your palnt is old enough to deplete the soil its in i think 1 gram per gallon will be fine but to be safe you could go a lil less.. i seriously think itll be fine though..

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      How many teaspoons or tablespoons per gallon do I use with mega crop in the flowering stage? I'm getting confusing information from the manufacturer. I have no way to understand what a gram is or looks like. I measured by teaspoons or tablespoons.

• freddyyola
      freddyyola commented
      Editing a comment
      i use plastic spoons and a flat spoonful is about a gram.. i seen ppl go up to 5 grams or spoonfuls per gallon but the best way to know how much to feed your plant is to have a tds meter.
      lets say you add mega crop til 1200 ppm you feed your plant but you have to catch the run off and take the tds/ppm of that.. if it comes out really low like 200-300 that means you plant is taking up the nutrients you put in the water, if its comes out at 1000 ppm that means your plant isnt using it all up so you should lower your dose..
      another way to know how much to feed your plant is to gradually increase youre nutrients by 200 ppm till your plant looks unhappy (nutrient burn) then back off to the previous dose and stay there.. also for megacrop during flower needs a pk booster.. you should use like 2/3 mega crop dose and add in some pk booster because megacrop has to much nitrogen to use a bunch of it during flower..

i dont skip feedings though my plants seem fine but i should check the tds and ph of my run off to see if im just wasting my nutes or if my plant is actually taking up everything i give her, but i catch all my runoff and give it to my veggies.. so at least its not actually wasted.. when i feed i also feed to run off so its pretty much me replacing whats in the pot with fresh nutrients every time.. the only times my plants get straight rain water is when left out in the rain every once and awhile ill leave it in the rain for a flush..

Comment

freddyyola, I don't have a TDS meter or a PPM meter. All I have is a pH pen. Maybe I need to get those? There's a product called sweet candy I think that the makers of Mega crop put out, and there's another bud booster or something in that line of products as well. I just want to get this girl to Green up. The ones in room one are nice and green and in room to the 1212 room, she just looks pale in comparison..
      We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
      8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

To answer your question, yes ph your water with every watering or flushing!

Comment

I agree with Potted
          I ph my water from start of the grow to the finishing drop, I only check my runoff off if I have a problem that is not obvious.
          I put my TDS meter in storage, ppm's are cool and all but not necessary for every grower.
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Greenpassion
            Greenpassion commented
            Editing a comment
            I always check my pH at every watering. My question goes back to since my kind soil seems to have run out of gas so to speak, and I start to use Mega crop, do I have to do a pouring water through flush every week or so or every two weeks? My understanding of flushing was withholding nutrients when it's close to harvest. But this guy years ago had me pouring three to four times the water through each pot and I want to know is that really necessary. Using kind soil you are not supposed to water to run off as to not wash away nutrients. But when adding nutrients like Mega crop I'm here and I do water to run off but I don't have to pour water through every few weeks?

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            There is three reasons to flush a plant.
            1. Feed and strip grows, is what i do when growing in coco or relying on liquid nutrients in soil. I feed to a drop with Nute then next water only water to 20% runoff.
            2. Flushing excessive nutrients build up and salt from your medium do to a problem like Nute burn or lockout, this is what your buddy was doing.
            3. Flush to harvest your plants.
            Last edited by Mr.furley; 11-14-2018, 10:14 AM.

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you have a link to your grow Journal?

I had started a grow journal with the first grow back in June or early July. So I don't have anything right now. I don't know what you mean when you say feed and strip grows, or feed to a drop. Unless it was just typed a little oddly I don't get what those things are.
          Sorry to be so obtuse about this stuff. I have so many different phases of growing going upstairs and I'm new at this. I don't want to screw it up.
          I have a northern light That was supposed to have been an auto back in early July that turned out to be a photo and that is the one that is now in room 2 which is the 12 on 12 off room. She's like 5 months old now. She started out in a 3-gallon cloth pot with kind soil and Pro mix. Then when I finally got it that she's not an auto I put her in a 5-gallon cloth pot with kind soil and that was like a couple months back. I got it into my head around that time to just grow Auto with kind soil and start my photos with my Pro mix BX and mega crop.
          This Sunday I have five pure power plant Photos that are going to go into the 12 12 room. And again with them back when I started them, there in kind soil with Pro mix BX. They are in 5-gallon cloth pots as well. I probably will wait until their soil is exhausted and start using Mega crop with them too. I've just gotten myself all turned around and upside down with this stuff.
          I also have five clones that are 3 weeks old, and they are photos obviously because you can't clone Autos. Eventually I'll get straightened out and just have my Autos in kind soil, and my photos and regular soil with nutrients.
          We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
          8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            No problem, thanks for the details it really helps to know what I'm giving advice about.
            Feed and strip is when you alternate nutrients and water. One water you give your nutrient solution wait for the pots to dry out and then feed with water only to strip everything from your medium ( a mini flush), this is how I grow. Watering to a drop was a typo, should have said "water till it drips".
            With a 5 gallon smart pot and a mature cannabis plant, it takes 1.25gal of water for a Nute feeding, and 1.5 to 2 gallons of water for a strip. I find this to be a Fail-Safe method it's hard to screw up as long as you have a good handle on ph and allow your pots to dry for around three days or till light when picked up.
            Greenpassion are you have a plant problem? or are you just overwhelmed and trying to find the best way to proceed?

Just overwhelmed. I can't thank you enough for your answers and you patience! I will do your feed and strip method starting now.
          We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
          8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X