Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! ALERT: Problems with Private Messaging

Hello everyone!

It's recently come to our attention that some users are Private Messaging each other with attempts to market themselves, including directing users to their own private websites. In this forum, we do not allow people to promote themselves because we believe it causes bias. We want to be a place where people can freely and openly talk about vendors, products, techniques, etc. You may notice we don't have a single ad in our forum.

If you've been contacted by someone you don't know with what appears to be marketing or spam, please take a screenshot and send it to us by either PMing me and SiriusFourside or using the contact form. I really appreciate the people who reached out to tell us what's going on and I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Happy Growing,
    Nebula

P.S. Check out this great article on bubble hash that Sirius just released today 🙂

😕 I kinda feel left out, nobody’s marketing anything to me... was it something I did😢?? Hahaha kidding aside, I’ve always wondered. Can you and Sirius as administrators see all PMs?

Comment

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope this doesn't encourage anyone, but we actually can't. We chose this forum software particularly because it has the most privacy for users. We want to allow people to talk freely. But it's a double-edged sword when there are some people private messaging each other with spam lol

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol no worries if we get spam you can have it. Lol

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Our main goal is to prevent bias in the forum, which is why we don't allow ads. Bias gets introduced when people are making money (or trying to) from what they're advertising and we want people to be able to talk openly, including about seed sources, sellers and products. We have found that advertisers only talk about their products in the best light and try to stifle other opinions, which is not good for the community. We also don't want people to get scammed by buying something and then never receiving anything in the mail.

Just a little bump up to keep this on top. We need to hear from nebula just to be clear, assuming causes misunderstandings

Comment

• Californiakid
      Californiakid commented
      Editing a comment
      While I agree with you, but if admin could see/read PM's, why would they need you to send screenshots?

This forum is all about privacy and we never look at PMs. We encourage everyone to talk to each other openly and honestly. However, if anyone is ever feeling harassed or spammed, or otherwise feels like someone is bothering them via private message, please don't hesitate to contact us and we'd be happy to help

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s actually great in my opinion. People need to be viligant about this place. You and Sirius can’t be on top of everyone so it’s up to each and every one of us to make of this place what we want it to be. Same way we are responsible of what we say and the knowledge we promote on this page.

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      I concur! (Bet you did not think jar heads had that in their vocabulary), the fact that you guys have this forum and support it as is, with no ads and no one pushing any specific technique or brand of mystery mixes and concoctions. You do allow what brands someone is using simply to let others know what works or does not.

Hats of to the admins.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X