Watering and nutrients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watering and nutrients

This is such a noob question. But my main concern is the amount of water along with nutrients to give my plants. Most nutrient measurements are based on so much per gallon. But if I have six plants in 3 gallon pots I need to know how much water total I’ll need so I know how much nutrients total to use. I know different strains call for different amounts. Or plants will use up more water in different conditions. I just want a general answer to go off of. I know it’s a super beginner question but I’d appreciate all the advice I can get.

Hey there. That’s actually a good question. You need to know how much to water in advance and that’s not always easy. It’s going to depend on the plant size and of course the pot size. I use 3 gallon pots and with big plants they drink one quart per day or half gallon every watering (every two days) but if you have small plants they may take longer between waterings. Mix half gallon per plant. Make sure you get some runoff and don’t water again until the pot is light and the top soil dry

Comment

I guess I should’ve mentioned I’m using coco coir. I just need a close to accurate amount for a pre-made nutrient water. So would I base that off of watering one plant at a time? Or make enough nutrient water to water all of them?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Ohh I see. In that case I think you’ll need less water more often. You should definitely mix nutrients for all plants at once. Try 1.5 liters/quarts per plant to start

I never water until they need it. I always lift the pot. If it is light, I water. If it is heavy, I won't. Every plant uses water differently. I have had plants that needed water every day and some only once a week. I highly recommend learning this method and you'll never have to guess again.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I agree. Nothing like lifting the pot. In a low rh environment the top of the soil can dry very quickly while the rest of the pot is still full of water. Sometimes I just mist a little over the top soil so if doesn’t get so dry while the plant uses the water inside

Water 1 plant to 20% runoff, multiply by six.

Comment

I appreciate it everyone

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X