Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP plant does not want to finnish flowering....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP plant does not want to finnish flowering....

Good day so about 2 weeks ago i got my auto watering system up and running everything is working perfect but life got busy and i didnt check my plants every day and the other day i noticed two leaves were looking like they were dying.. not thinking too much of it because it was just the tips i left it and today cleaned up and had another look and its bad!!!! just those leafs look like that and thee others have a bit of tip burn that i have already corrected the nuits to help with that but what do you guys think? ph deficiency ? potassium deficiency? thats all i can see or sort of make out to be the problem? and these buds been in flower for about 16+ weeks and they keep getting new pistles and not maturing? the 2nd plant that started its life at the same time is harvested 5 weeks ago but was alot smaller and buds alot less dense...

So yea im not sure what to do really i have kept temps constant and took off one inlet fan filter to get more fresh air but nothing seems to help so please any if you have any ideas about any of these problems then please let me know thanks alot for all the help !!!

Hey Chris,
    What light cycle are you using? I'm wondering if they are really auto's, and if they just need to be switched to a 12-12 cycle like you would use on a photo period plant. There has been a lot of problems with Autos lately, either being photos, or just weird, as far a how they respond to day length.
    What temperature is it at the very tops of the plants? It looks like they are Fox Tailing, which can be caused by heat, and when that happens, the plant will just keep making more pistils like that.
    I'm not to sure about the nute burn looking issues, except that the first pic looked like maybe some bug bites, or possibly WPM? Couldn't tell, might not be either, but do any of the whitish looking areas on that first plant wipe off? And have you checked under the leaves with a jewlers loupe?

Good luck figuring it out, I've had auto's take for dam ever on me, and not really finish, I think it was do to changing there light cycle back and forth, in my case. Auto's like to grow fast, and with out interuptions, according to the folks on this site that grow them really well, which unfortunately is not myself yet.

Keep posting, we'll figure it out between all of us hear, lot's of combined knowledge on this site!!
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

Hey man sorry i didnt mention i have no idea what seeds they were as i just got seeds from a friend to plant and see what happens but after it started growing did i realize the complexity involving a good grow... this is my first grow and was told the seeds are outdoor kush so that can pretty much be any kind that was planted outside as far as i read up.

As the light cycle its been 12-12 since the switch from veg but a little over a month ago we had power problems and for a day or two the power was on and off at diffrent times but after that it seemed to grow good and the buds started to fatten up nicely.

top of the plants its average temp is around 34' and been constant for a very long time same as humidity around 40... but about two weeks ago we had a heat wave and for a week it was 46' outside in the shade and the grow box did go up to 40 then i openned the doors with a extra fan from outside trying to cool it down and that kept it cooler for the rest of the week so yea thats what i though might be the problem with the fox tailing...

no none of the marks wipe off i also thought it was that... but i did get a 60x micro scope that i put on my phone now last week so ill give that a try and see if i see anything that should not be there...

ha ha ok Thanks man yea i have always gotten really good help here!

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
        GreenhouseEffect commented
        Editing a comment
        That is way to hot for them during flower, you really want to try and cool them off, to like 26.6 C or less. I think that is a big part of the problem. It will also cook a lot of the THC, flavor and smell out of them.

• GreenhouseEffect
        Editing a comment
        Plants tend to just keep making pistils when it gets hot like that, since they think it is to early in the season to be finishing up there life cycle, so they make more pistils to try and get pollinated and make seeds( there lifes work). My G.C. Auto did that this summer. The light cycle interuptions can cause a plant to take forever, as well.

alright ill make a plan to keep them cooler i do have a stronger duct fan on its way as im currently running 5 computer fans... but i have spare ill rig up and get better air flow its just difficult to keep it cooler than the house temp any ideas i can try ?

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
        Editing a comment
        You want to get the excess heat out of the room your tent is in. Take a look at the tutorials Nebula has on venting your tent, she has great ideas in there.
        Are you in the southern hemisphere somewhere? 93 F is pretty high indoors. The other thing you can try if you haven't already, is to make the dark period during the day, and the light at night, when it's cooler. Timing your grow so that they reach harvest during a cool and dry time of year is also really helpful, provided you get that in yer climate.

Fuck that plant. Harvest and start a new grow. You could have flowered two 8 weekers in that time. just my opinion

Comment

Have you looked for light leaks?
        go in the tent or room at pitch darkness and see
        I had one led from my humidifier in the room that lit the whole room up
        just a thought
        4'x 6' x 8' room
        2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
        sunshine mix #4
        mega crop nutes
        current grow
        cd-1
        jack herer
        afghan kush
        green doctor

Comment

Hey man yea there is total darkness i did have some light leaking around the doors but fixed that with some weather strip sponge and after that was sealed i noticed the temp went up alot but struggling to keep cool air going in when its 35+ outside....

Comment

Check it he lower buds trichoms maybe your just foxtailing
            4'x 6' x 8' room
            2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
            sunshine mix #4
            mega crop nutes
            current grow
            cd-1
            jack herer
            afghan kush
            green doctor

Comment

We have a couple of articles that may be helpful. Why are my buds taking forever to mature? and Why Some Buds Keep Making New Pistils

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X