Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most healty way to get rid from whiteflies in harvest stage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the most healty way to get rid from whiteflies in harvest stage?

Hello! My plants are heavily infected by white flies. I stayed away from plant for a while and when im back its almost ready to harvest and full of whiteflies. I just sprayed some neem oil&soap recipe and try to get rid from flies. It didnt worked at all but flies are reduced. Now i harvested one plant but there are stlill flies on the leaves. I tried to fumigation method (burned thyme/daphne/eucalyptus leaves) to get away the flies. These smokes looks like working but i'm not sure how many times i can do it without damaging the plant. If i apply too much is it changes the taste of harvest?
    Do you have any other opinion how can i get rid from these flies? Is it healty to use some organic drugs in this stage? I can buy some products from the store like "biobizz leaf coat".

You really shouldn't spray your plants during the flowering stage at all. Some things you spray can be bad for you to smoke, and most things could affect the flavor. Not sure about the herbal? fumigation.

Probably the best way to get rid of them during flower, is yellow sticky traps, if you can get them where you are. The yellow lures them in, then they just get stuck in place, won't get rid of them all, but it should at least help your plants last till harvest.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• vincenoir
      vincenoir commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your reply! I tried yellow traps but it looks like didnt work. But i did my traps myself with Vaseline maybe thats why unattrective for flies. Im going to try honey or engine oil. Do you have any suggestion for DIY sticky material?

• GreenhouseEffect
      GreenhouseEffect commented
      Editing a comment
      I have not had a problem with bad smell or taste in the weed from watering them with it, and stopping at the start of flower. There is some smell for a couple hours after watering, but that has been it. I don't like to spray them with the stuff myself.

• GreenhouseEffect
      GreenhouseEffect commented
      Editing a comment
      The only thing I know of to MAKE traps with, is Tangle Foot, it's what the sticky cards have on them. I think you'd do better with buying them, or going with the captain jacks.

Look into Captain Jacks Dead Bug.

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      My number 1 choice Primo, and you can use it up to harvest.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X