water feed temperature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR water feed temperature?

Does anybody know if there is an ideal water temperature for when I feed my plants? I wasn't sure if giving them too colder water may shock the plant and prevent growth or bud yield?. Also should I be constantly oxygenating my water 24/7?

indoor grow tent 1.2x1.2x2.0
    coco coir
    ionic nutrients
    600w hps

Hi Gwen, room temp is good, no shock there. If you use gallon jugs, fill the night before to give time for the chlorine to evaporate. If you leave the level down a couple of inches from the top it makes a larger area for evaporation. Give it a good shaking to aerate then add neuts. and adjust your pH then shake her again.

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with most of the information above...only...Chlorine gas is not used in modern day tap water. Chloramine is currently what they use, and this does not gas off after 24 hours. Only way to remove it mechanically from the water is by filter.
      Last edited by Toker1; 11-08-2018, 09:03 PM.

• PRIMO
      PRIMO commented
      Editing a comment
      Chloramine Buster by Clear Pond takes care of both chloramine and chlorine ten bucks a pint and you only use a couple of drops per gal.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you can chemically break the ammonia from the bond with the chlorine. That will allow gassing off as described after the bonds are broken.
      Is this product something that is safe for mj? Have you used it in the water you give to your girls?

Thanks for the responses, I have a 100ltr water butt I fill & airate preferably the day before so it should reach room temperature, toker1 if this is the case that chloramine can only be filtered, then how do I filter it out & what will I be missing out on if I don't filter the water?

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Active carbon filter will remove it, but leave behind other minerials plants need.
      You can remove using reverse osmosis, but then you need to add cal-mag before giving it to your plants.
      If you don’t filter the water, most likely it will be fine. Is it safe to drink? If so, then it’s safe for the girls.
      I only suggest filtering raw water extracted directly from the ground, or if the source of tap water is contaminated. I would only filter water that is not safe for human consumption.

All hydroponics like a bit chilly temps. No lower than 16C definitely not higher than 22C

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X