Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR transplanting in flowering stage

Hey guys
    i have 3 beautifull looking plant with huge big buds bud i m now suspecting a root problem. its definitly not heat stress, overwatering, light burn. light is 600mm high at least and temp between 17 and 27 28 on hot days.
    i have one alone in its pot that seem to have the cuping and curling leaves and the other 2 are in the same pot but seem fine. i only water every 3 4 days when it gets really light and dry.
    question is : what will happen if i transplant them in bigger pots this late in the flowering stage ( probably 5,6 weeks left to go? ill try to add pics tonight.
    jist need experienced advices
    cheers
    flow

It can be done but You run the risk of stunting them or worse. How long have they been in flower? Do you know the strain? What's your humidity? What size pot (s) are you in?
    17c is a little low imo.
    looking forward to pictures.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

so they are in 14 litre ( probably border line) pots. 1 single plant and 1 double plant. they have been in flow since about 6 weeks. 17 degres at night. i just put the heater back in.

Comment

You cannot over water coco- I recommend sooner feedings because if / when it gets too dry, it takes more effort to water- I do like to run it dry - but thats me being lazy. I recommend 2-3 days

I would advise a few things here

1) Run a few gallons of PH water through the coco to get all salt and other deposits that may have built up- ( flush ) - I guess sledgehammer works here- but no need IMO
        2) You have some Nitrogen burn AFAIK - so lower your Nitrogen a bit and raise your potassium because your potassium has a deficiency ( the K is potassium)

I wouldnt move that into another pot. Its COCO - small pots big plants- big pots- giant plants- shes already flowering nicely- I doubt you will gain much at this stage from a pot change- you may make things worse- how is the current root ball going to congeal with its new- coco mix.

YMMV

Comment

• kingfish
          kingfish commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree 100%

I would have to agree with Chemichael you are having a PH problem.
        what kind of light are you using how powerful is it?
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

i havn t check the ph at the last watering as it has always been right 6+. i have a 600w hps

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            How close is that 600 watt light to the plant tops

it s at 600mm (2ft) in a cool tube so i doubt it would be light burn

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, I read that twice last night.

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool tube reflectors have been known for creating hot spots.... maybe try rotating the plants to let light reflect differently. When I’m pulling at straws, I over do it. Sorry

I try and keep my PH exactly between 6.2 - 6.3 for early to late flowering. Then Raising the PH to 6.6-6.8 for flowering.

If you did for example have a PH over 7 for a few feedings, your plant may not get any or enough Phosphorus all the while taking in more Calcium and Magnesium and less copper and zinc.

Look at the wonderful diagnose your plant, Nebula covers it all.

PS: Probably the biggest general take away- is managing your PH., when done correctly, I will significantly change how everything grows

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X