Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL beginner grower - transferring

Hello,
    i have 5 plants in the beginning stage of flowering (on wk 8), they are in 2gl fabric pots. They are indoor grown. I want to transfer them into 5gl. My question is Deep Water Culture Hydroponics System good to transfer into or keep soil with soil? If keeping soil to soil how is the best way to transfer them without damaging anything? Thank you

Well being that far into your soil grow..id say any idea of a transplant to hydro is an absolute NO. I actually did this myself but, my plant was maybe a week old and i got lucky. But on the other hand, a 5g pot would be a much better solution. But also, we need to see this girl! And some info? to be able to suggest anything..good luck.

and by info i mean: indoor/outdoor? Lights? Grow space? And you said 8 weeks? Is that 8 weeks veg? And if so did you just switch your light schedule?
    Last edited by Juicyj89; 11-05-2018, 11:48 PM.
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

I have to think at this stage of the game< you’re better off continuing in soil. The root system must be large enough to support flowering and by disrupting the time you have left by switching to a completely different grow system, may severely impact your current developing yield. I know that I could never move the soil plant to a hydro bucket. At the 4th week of flower they just looked way to pretty to do something that may cause it to shock or wilt and then die off. For that reason alone, I go from wet towels germination to red solo cup and then 5 gallon or 7 gallon containers...done, never to be messed with again. Just by looking at the 8“ net pot, there would never be enough room above the basket to contain roots that would have formed below the basket. If you have gotten the success you’re looking for to this stage, I vote ...don’t change it

of course this is my opinion....there are really many variations

Im guessing you’re thinking 5 gallon pots next? You will need to be able to lift the entire root structure from its existing pot and place it into a pot lined with some fresh proper soil and the gently fill in around the sides and water them. I did this to a 7 ft tall tomato vine with mediocre results and the mass above and below the plant is heavy and a bit unruly up top. I say have a spare set of hands around if possible or develop some shovel balancing skills and move quickly.

Comment

I am in the 4th week of flowering stage of all 5 plants. They are indoor grown with a 600 watt light (LED), they have been in soil from the beginning. transferring them to a 5gl with soil, will that help with the yield grow more?

Comment

Still need pics
          “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
          192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
          3 Gal Smart Pots
          FoxFarm Trio
          +Open Sesame
          +Cha-Chang
          +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
          192w t5
          Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
          FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
          FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

There are volumes of material here to read on developing yield. Whether or not it is too late to employ some of these is that you are nearly 1/2 way through flower. Pics do help. Click the little camera button on the left and upload

Comment

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X