Mystery grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery grow

Hey all. Back for another journal. Running dwc 10 gal res. 600 hps down to 400(temp issues) did a king tut fem in coco a while back and ended up with some bag seed. Interested to see if my tent was previously used or if my plants hermed and I didn't catch it. Started some seeds a few weeks ago. The difference between coco and dwc is pretty obvious. (If they are bred true tut) plants are bigger, leaves are broader overall in better shape than my original tuts. Had some pH issues... dealt with. Algae. Used canning lids to cover unused holes. Pretty sure I light burned them last week. In the burned areas they were yellow and crinkley looking which are turning to darker spots looking like mag def. Pics to follow just started week 3 nutes. waiting on my RO buddy to fill container again for plant 2. Post pics in a minute.

So ure saying they’re growing better in dwc than in coco??

Comment

• SkunkyMunky
      SkunkyMunky commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems like it so far (my errors excluded)

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. I’m subbed to see what happens

• SkunkyMunky
      SkunkyMunky commented
      Editing a comment
      This is assuming that they came solely from my plants (Hoping) and not a mystery cross pollination.

Plant 1 when I think it light burned. Came home to that fri. Took those yesterday. Last pic was just a minute ago. With the edges of the crinkle turning brownish. Thats what made me think it might be a mag deficiency. Changing both nutes out cause it's time. Left them in same res too long I think. See if it clears up with new water.

Comment

Plant 2 just started same symptoms as plant 1. Lead me to believe it is more mag deficiency than light burn.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep it does look like calmag issue

• SkunkyMunky
        SkunkyMunky commented
        Editing a comment
        Kinda what I figured when they started darkening. First time I've seen it in person. Jug is about half full. It'll be fixed in a couple hours.

Oh and while I'm thinking about it.... using calimag, flora trio, hydroguard.

Comment

Ok. The cal/mag deficiency was ph issue. My pen was off, and then I broke it. Drops ran out today, but I did pick up some strips. It's just been one of those weeks. And why is it that a pen reads higher than solution? Same sample on a fresh calibration. Pen consistently reads higher reading around 6.5, when solution (and plant) tells me it is in the 5-5.5 range. Sideline rant. But anyway, gonna let the one recover from deficiency and start LST/manifold.

Comment

Hollowed stem on the healthiest plant. Went ahead with the top on that one. Saw that. Well shit. Hopefully I didn't just kill my girl. Doing foliar calimag. We'll see what happens. Should i wait for the other to fill back in the stem or just wait til she looks healthy and go ahead? That is my nagging doubt for the day. Read some posts where the plant was fine with hollow stem. But.... doubts are doubts.

Comment

• SkunkyMunky
            SkunkyMunky commented
            Editing a comment
            Personally, believe that calcium is intrinsic to substructure of the stem. I've seen varied opinions on the subject, but no hard facts. Anybody got a mando reading list?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X