What did I do wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did I do wrong?

This is my second post, I've read A ton of posts and articles about growing. This is my first plant from a couple seeds that were really old...Reeeally old!
    Why does this plant/buds not look like all the pictures I see online? It was started real late in season and was outside until recently (becauseof the cold/frosts),around September 26th it got switched to 12/12

I'd like to keep growing, I've started a few clones and hopefully I can find out what I'm doing wrong so I can keep things going.
    I am using CFL's right now, a bunch of them all mounted above the plant with a few here and there on the sides.
    I'm also not sure when to harvest it, online it says when 75% of all the hairs turn an orangish/brown color, but what if the buds towards the bottom of plant are still mostly white and the top is 75% orangish/brown?

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks All.

Howdy Fierce, The plants look good. I assume that You have moved the plants inside since You say that You have some CFL's on them. How many and what wattage and color temperature are they? I run my grow room with two CFL lamps with 220 watts each.
    To determine when to harvest look at the condition and color of the trichomes on the calyces, not by just the color of the pistils. The trichomes start off clear (not much THC), turn cloudy (100% max. THC), and then turns amber (CBN and other terpines form). Get a loupe so that the condition of the trichomes can be seen, and base the harvest time on the type of effect that You prefer.
    Good luck with Your growing.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Well, you must be doing something right, she aint dead. Watcha feeding her? What 's she growing in? Pot. soil? The pics. you see on the interweb are usually the best of the best. Feed some flowering neutrients and be patient. Keep reading growing tips.

Comment

Plant looks real good - first impression is it looks a little over watered. Also looks close to harvest.

Just a thought for you - old seeds produce old strains. Yours could be some awesome smoke, here's hoping. But new genetics are producing and making available - some really top shelf strains. Spend a few extra bucks on quality seeds and you won't be disappointed.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Nice pictures, she or thay look real good, get a loop with a light u won’t regret it, it’s the only way to judge when ripe. Yes u can take the ripe, and leave the rest till ripe toget the high u want enjoy

Comment

My damn wifi was down for a few days.
            It's just a single plant.
            I'll be picking up a loop next time I run into town.
            I'm using a bunch of 2700k bulbs in a hood. The seads I used I came across in some of my old stuff,the only time I ever saved them were from the best of the best,might be old Kryptonite sead from when I lived down south, but that would've been around 1995. Seams crazy to me they even sprouted.
            It's in soil and was giving it some 10-15-10

Comment

And I'll let it dry out a bit,and thanks for tips,I'll keep reading. Thanks

Comment

So I tried out a couple App magnifier's here the result

Comment

Great pics - but - little blurry so can't focus. The trichomes look like they are getting cloudy, can't see any amber - but can't tell for sure either.
                  ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                  Mars Hydro
                  Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

She appears to be in the start of what could be the harvest window. You really need a jewelers scope. Most people wait for a few amber (that should have said trichones) leaves but as long as all the trichomes are cloudy you are good to go. I would wait a bit longer but some like them like you have them now.
                    Last edited by Redwasp; 11-02-2018, 01:42 PM.

Comment

These are recent pictures,mostly yesterday I think.
                      I had to put a little heater by them and I got a bunch of new white hairs popping up. I can't find a jewlers loupe anywhere in my town, I don't really like ordering stuff online but I'm thinking I'll have to this time.
                      These have been flowering since September 26th, maybe a few days before. This is gotta be close to done, Right? Maybe overdone? Thanks Everyone

Comment

• Canuck147
                        Canuck147 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If you can't find a loupe, buy a magnifying glass.

• LurkingInTheGrass
                        LurkingInTheGrass commented
                        Editing a comment
                        what are you using for a camera? does it have any macro functions?

They are not overdone. Can you get us a really clear pic of very close up of a bud. It appears mostly cloudy from what I can see. Close but not overdone.

Comment

Using a Galaxy S7, just can't get clear macro pictures.

Comment

Get an app called Open Camera, you'll never go back to the stock camera again.
                          ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

I think my camera flash is white'n out the tricomes,because this is what I end up with, gonna try again today. I have magnifying glasses, they just aren't powerful enough.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X