Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible zinc deficiency when using a root inoculant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible zinc deficiency when using a root inoculant?

This is another clone from my original plant. I rooted it in water, then transferred to Humboldt Earth with a root inoculant (Roots Organics Oregonism XL). Plain PHed water for the first few waterings and then Megacrop. Starting the middle of last week I noticed new leaves coming in light green and some curling. My runoff PH was down near 5 or so, I flushed with plain PHed water to bring it back to the 6.5 range.

Tested my runoff again today after watering as normal...5.0 or so (runoff is also tinted orange straight out of the pot...never seen that before). My nute water is around 6.5, so something's going on in the soil. Any ideas? I can't think that repeated flushing would be too good for her.

As far as I can tell this isn't happening with my other 2 vegging clones; the difference is that I did not use the Oregonism on them. Has anyone had similar PH issues with this product, or did my batch just go bad somehow?

The black specks on the bottom leaves (which I should remove) in the photo are dirt.

****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Try flushing it really really good with ph water at 6.8 and Big Bloom and see what happens. If it doesnt get watered at least a few times a week add a teaspoon of grow big per gallon in the flush. If it doesnt change it no clue. Use 4 tablespoons per gallon of the Big bloom if O remember correctly. But almost impossible to get nut lock on just Big bloom.
    Last edited by Redwasp; 10-23-2018, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Never used the product you mention but low ph stabalizes many nutrients. Check the ph of Tiger Bloom. Lmao insanely low.
      Last edited by Redwasp; 10-23-2018, 08:39 AM.

Comment

This was gonna be my Megacrop-only plant....can't believe something's already gone wrong. Anyone that uses only Megacrop who can weigh in?

Update: I'm also seeing light green new growth on one of the other clones that I did not use Oregonism on but have watered recently with the MC solution...
        ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

ive done three grows with megacrop the only issue ive ever had was not reducing the nutes soon enough in flower
          the run off water is always tinted when using megacrop
          dont worry about your runoff PH in soil watch your leaves and let them tell you what you need
          4'x 6' x 8' room
          2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
          sunshine mix #4
          mega crop nutes
          current grow
          cd-1
          jack herer
          afghan kush
          green doctor

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X