First time harvest !! weird smell????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time harvest !! weird smell????

So i have harvested my first plant about a week ago and it has been hanging upside down for a few days till it was dry to the touch and i now cut the buds off and put them in a jar for further drying but the problem i have is that this plant has never smelt anything like any other buds i have ever bought or smoked before... it has a strong smell of bush like a normal strong over powering random bush in the garden Nothing like any kind of weed...

So im not sure if the smell will change as it dries or if that is just the smell ? I was told the seeds are from a outdoor kush that's all i know...
    I have gotten some skunk, swazi and pondo seeds that i want to try next...

How do they look ? they were and still are covered in resin and were havested when about 80% of the pistils were brown as i dont have a magnifying glass strong enough to see the trichoms...

Looks to be cannabis, and not a random bush. I am having trouble smelling it over the internet. I think you are good to go. As a novice you are just not familiar with the fresh cut smell of flower.

Comment

Ha ha ha yea i know its a bit tricky one to smell but yea def is cannabis and smelt good on the plant when it started flowing but yea could just be me ? there are still a few leaves in between the buds but from what i read it should'nt make much of a difference when smoking maby just alter the taste a bit?

Comment

These are cheap, and useful. https://www.amazon.com/EnTeck-Illumi...lers+eye+loupe

Comment

ahh ok yea i saw different ones but was unsure if the x60 would be strong enough?

Comment

Christhenoobie , Man that looks like some good smoke to me, the picture with the branches reminds me of some Oaxacan we grow outdoors.
            What does it smell like when you kinda squeeze one of them buds ? Plant had alot of trichs, looks good.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

It can sometimes take awhile of curing to get the full smell. And it never smells the same to me in jars. It always smells like hay or my wife says bannanas when its drying.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Redwasp, it damn sure don't smell near as strong, as it does when it's growing though,imo. And I wonder why sometimes too ! But the smell does come back some though, after they in jars a while, as long as I know mine are dry, in the jars, I don't open them up, till we ready for some,

• Redwasp
                Redwasp commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol Yes for sure. I know when it is just about ready when I open a jar and 20 seconds later I hear a scream from the other room. Omg shut that jar. Lmao

• WeirdWiredWolf
                WeirdWiredWolf commented
                Editing a comment
                ROFL, yup that's what I get subjected to occasionally....so NOW you object to the smell?!? And it's only been curing for ~3 weeks.

Ha ha ha yea they looked pretty good and almost all the leafs on the plant were covered in trichs so yea the bits i trimmed off are also drying one side for some muffins or somthing not sure yet but mom wants to try it.
              Well its not nearly as strong smell as it was when it was growing and that was like a fresh almost sweetish smell i loved getting home from work and walking in my room to that smell but now its more of a normal dead bush thats been lying in the sun for a few days ha ha
              But anyways if you guys say it looks good then for a first try it cant be too bad ? besides there is one more plant thats also got a week or two to go and those buds are getting much bigger the plant is starting to topple over so i had to tie it up a bit to keep them going but its taking its time to get ready i think its about 6+ weeks now after it started flowering not light change so yea cant wait to try these out !!!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah man, those buds are getting bigger an bigger. They gonna be nice ones.
                Have you done run out of light space ?
                Yeah you gonna have to tie them up ,to keep them from falling over, or get some yoyos, make sure you got alot of air blowin on them.
                If you use a little silica, from the beginning, you don't have that problem, too much, it strengthens branches an stems.
                But your doing great for a young grower !!!-

Hey man yea i started the grow with like two 15w leds on 4 plants (=_=) and slowly bought more as i learnt how much light they actually needed so that is one of the things i am changing in my next grow, my grow box is not that tall but its nice and wide so i have ordered a 300w full spectrum grow light and that should be here in a few weeks but i also got 3x50w full spectrum COB lights that i have attached old pc processor heat sinks to that im trying out on some random seeds i had lying around. Thanks man ill see if i can get my hands on some before i start the next grow ! im using the EHD Nutrient guide so im sure i can just add a bit into the mix?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X