Help Week 7 flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Week 7 flowering

Hello all, I am not a complete novice when it comes to growing. But it is my second grow using DWC with a 300w advance platinum LED, 2 disk air stones and 10gL res. I am in week 7 of flowering growing honey banana. I have a problem with lower fan leaves turning brown and dry then dying. Is this normal or should I be worry. I think it is because the bottem of my pant is not getting enough light.

Its the plant cannibalising the lowest unused leaves this late in flowering it will gradually take effect with the fade
    Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

So to allow the plant to use this energy elsewhere, does it make sense to remove this plant material up to a specific point?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        its more like the plant is using the nutrients from old leaves to power photosynthesis in the upper leaves, better wait until the leaves look fucked up to allow the plant to cannibalize them. its definitely due to no light down the bottom and strong light on top.

I don't know anything about DWC, but but them buds looks to me like they sure are jammed up, together, I always try to keep a little room between my buds, by removing leaves an even removing weak future bud sites.
      It helps with air flow and helps prevent mold.
      Your doing good for your first DWC, I wouldn't know where to start, doing that. GoodLuck
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Looks goods, i would have personally deflated a bit.. angry big fan leaves in top an middle i take out start of flower.. then so major fan leave deflation around week 6 to 7ish for final time.. seems to work pretty good, also seems like no matter how many fan leaves i take in transition, they always look over crowded weeks later.

Comment

I don't know anything about scrogging, but aren't the buds suppose to be on the top of the wires?

Comment

Yeah they are suppose to go through the trellis net but I got the net too late (several weeks after flowering) so I’m just using it to keep top buds from falling over because of the height and weight they put on.

Comment

I think the last week before harvest I’m going to start plucking fan leaves so more light get get through the canopy. I hear the stress makes the buds produce more THC.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X