What type of lights do you use.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What type of lights do you use.

I'm just nosey. What type of light do you use for vegging and flowering. I use a 6 tube T5 for vegging and 1000w HPS for flowering.

I am using a 600 watt MH lamp for vedge. Then a 600 watt HPS FOR FLOWERING
    Last edited by dontknownuttin; 10-09-2016, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dontknownuttin View Post
      I am using a 600 watt MH lamp for verge. Then a 600 watt HPS FOR FLOWERING
      Do you have two separate stations, or do you just change the bulb?

Comment

300 watt induction for vegetative. I also have a 4 tube T5 I add later in veg.

600 watt MH/HPS for flower. I run my MH the first and last week of flower.

I don't buy expensive bulbs for the simple fact they wear out so quickly. They fail by design. Can't wait until LED's are more reasonably priced.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal Nugs View Post
          300 watt induction for vegetative. I also have a 4 tube T5 I add later in veg.

600 watt MH/HPS for flower. I run my MH the first and last week of flower.

I don't buy expensive bulbs for the simple fact they wear out so quickly. They fail by design. Can't wait until LED's are more reasonably priced.
          So far my "expensive" bulbs are holding up ok I think they are Solis Tek brand

Comment

315 LEC....veg. and bloom......its amazing folks

Comment

• Chemichael
              Chemichael commented
              Editing a comment
              What size room does that cover? What about heat? Does it need venting of would passive be OK

• Green75
              Green75 commented
              Editing a comment
              A solid 3x3....

Low heat...My carbon filter fan pulls out the heat
              Last edited by Green75; 10-11-2016, 09:04 AM.

I'm going to use a double 250w cfl so that will be 500w for the seeds and veg,I'll switch over to an 250w hps for the flowering,I'm only doing the 2 in a 100x100x200 it's only a small tent but I'll have my cfl over the rest of the seed so it's a quick turnaround 👏🏻👌🏻

Comment

personnaly im choosing Golden Standards Don Care Cost of Supplement or Electricy Costs
              Im choosin MH/HPS plan With 3x400 wat MH for each 2 meter in veg
              and 2x600 + 1x400 wat HPS (Osram plantaStar Serries) With 15 % more bluer Light its very very good thing for Thc production
              any way i cant Trust At new Led or Lec Technologies at this time ..
              Last edited by Peace khalifa; 10-10-2016, 01:41 AM.

Comment

• Dougieferg
                Dougieferg commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice that's a few plants you'll be looking after tho with the sound of it,will there be pics would lyk to see a setup lyk that 👍🏻

600w MH / HPS. Dimmable ballast. Air cooled reflective hood.

Comment

• kingfish
                kingfish commented
                Editing a comment
                I noticed you have a dimmable ballast. Do you ever use the dimmer?

• Pankace
                Pankace commented
                Editing a comment
                Absolutely. I use the 50% setting for seedlings. Once they get some growth in I increase to 75% for veg. I'll use 100% only when I get to flower.

400w T5 early veg, 600w MH late veg, 600w HPS flower. Air cooled hood with glass removed
              completed 7 grows
              what I have learned so far:
              environment maters more than nutrients
              at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
              effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

what the fuck this error i cant send any photos with this error
                Image upload failed because the extension of this file did not match the content.

Comment

• Green75
                  Green75 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Would love too stop resizing my pics before I upload them

• SiriusFourside
                  SiriusFourside commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Would you happen to know an approximate file size of the pics your camera takes? I think that might be the bottleneck.

• Green75
                  Green75 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  5.05 mb......

I'm using 2 x 65watt (6500k) and 2 x 45watt (2700k) for Veggin and I'm gettin another cupple of 45watt for flowering

I feel like I brought the kitchen knife to a machete convention

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  True that I think my plant is very happy with what I'm giving to her P:

For my Veg i run with a 400w MH bulb
                For my Flower I switch out my MH with my 400w HPS
                After doing the studying, I'd like to settle with a 600w MH/HPS lamp, but in good time! 400w is perfect for the space I have, not to mention it's not killing my electric bill lol it's nice, just have to have a way to cool that lamp and the air within the tent. It's working out alright with the resources givin lol and my fixture is just a reflector hood, nothing to crazy, came with my bulbs and ballast as a kit lol definitely looking into the air cooled hoods!
                Sorry for the ramble here lol

Comment

I use CFL's for seedlings and clones then 2 Led's for Veg and 2 other led's for flower. I'm looking at COB's right now for flower. My heat still is a little high, 78-84 sometimes! I can't imagine what the heat would be like with a HPS.
                  Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• kingfish
                    kingfish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I try and do all my growing in the winter. That helps with the heat a lot. Also you have to have a good air exchange. I vent all my hot air from my lights out of the room.

• NebulaHaze
                    NebulaHaze commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When it comes to light, the wattage pulled out the wall is a best indicator of the heat to expect. A CFL that pulls 250W out of the wall will definitely put out as much total heat as a 250W HPS or 250W LED. They all just sort of cool themselves differently. CFLs don't come with cooling (their big advantage is they can be kept close to the plants), LEDs have built in heat sinks to pull all that heat up so it doesn't beam on the plant (great for a small grow without any extra cooling), and HPS lights are designed to be run in a hood that keeps all the heat inside, and can be hooked up to a fan to vent heat out. We had a great discussion about the heat being put off by different types of grow lights here in the forum last month if you're interested

Just as an example, a 250W HPS with a good exhaust fan in a 2'x4'x5' tent only raises the temperature about 5°F hotter than in the room, and it only raises the temperature of my bedroom by a few degrees (and a window fan pointing out helps take care of that). It gets about 6 oz on average which is nice considering it uses so little electricity

Even with something bigger like a 600W, if you connect the light to a fan that vents the heat directly outside, it barely even raises the temperature of the room. HPS grow lights are convenient because they're made to be cooled. It's a lot easier to keep a 600W HPS cool than a 600W LED, because you can't hook the LED up to an exhaust fan via a hood! Different types of light are good for different grow setups, and they all have their own pros and cons

• Sonnyhad
                    Sonnyhad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you for that link Nebula, I will check it out!!

I just posted this in a different thread, but it really belongs here.

Full spectrum LEDs during flower. Big heavy square things. They do the job but put out a lot of heat. And because we don't have a SOG, we have some of our T5 fixtures that we used during veg, hanging down along two sides to try and get the lower buds.

We use 6400K T5s for veg, then switched to 3000Ks for flower.

So many different light choices. It took us forever to figure out what was best, and we wasted money on some we ended up not using. It can be confusing.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X