First time grower wondering about this setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time grower wondering about this setup

Hello! I'm not sure how this forum works or if anyone will see this post!
    Today I planted a germinated seed that I got out of some weed I was smoking. I'm unsure if it's male or female but I want to see if I can take good care of it and get it to grow. I'm waiting for a grow tent & LED light that I ordered, so for now I have it in my closet under a 19W CFL light in a plastic cup. (I will add a picture) I'm just wondering if this temporary setup is acceptable? I guess I will find out based on whether or not the seed sprouts, but any feedback would be appreciated ✌ I am a complete beginner .
    Last edited by Offthatgood; 10-11-2018, 02:47 PM.

Welcome to this forum Offthatgood . Setup is alright to start with. Is that just a regular light bulb? If it is then you want to replace it with a cfl's that imitates the sun - like a brand called 'Sunblaster'. They are usually about 15 watts - so get 2
    Good luck growing - and don't drown your plant.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Canuck147. Thank you for your help! It is a CFL light that said "75 W replacement" on the box and it came with 2 so Im not sure how many watts it is?

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        The cfl looks a bit on the white light side. This is ok. But I prefer them more on the blue side. Look for any brand cfl that is rated at 6500 k for temperature range.

Toker1 Thank you! I will check the temperature range for the one I'm using

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Offthatgood, Yes, and if it starts stretching, bring your light closer.
        You can grow whole plants with cfls, it's just takes a bunch of them.
        In a day or two you might want to put your light a little closer.
        GoodLuck and welcome to GWE! !

D.A.A.S.69 thanks so much!!!

Comment

Offthatgood ,
        Welcome to The Forum.
        It is just that easy, You ask a question and some helpful, friendly, knowledgeable, Growers like the ones above ask you questions, make suggestions to help you along.
        Pictures and as much info is key to receive fast accurate help. Everything that one needs to start growing cannibas is on the website
        www.growweedeasy.com
        if you haven't been reading it already.

I would like to ask if you have holes in the bottom of your cup for drainage?
        Last edited by Mr.furley; 10-11-2018, 05:13 PM.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Mr.furley Thank you so much! Yes, I did put holes in the cup

Comment

Glad to have you here! Welcome theres a lot of good people and informstion between the forum and gwe main site. Also be sure to get containers she/he will need repotted after a few weeks! Water small with good light and itll take off!
            Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

Hi guys i'm a first time grower, my seeds germinated on 10/9/18. The temp in my tent fluctuates between 23-28 degrees and humidity between 40-58%. I've transplanted my plants to a bigger pot (11L air pots). 4/5 have been growing fine but i have noticed 1 isn't growing properly, they are growing under 450W Vipar Spectra LEDs. Does anyone have any ideas as to why?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Have you got both switches on ? Or just veg?
                How high you got your light ?
                I got one of those lights, but I don't use it until my seedlings are well over a week old ,I just use 23watt cfls, at first.
                How old are your plants ?

I only have the veg switch on.
              My plants are 30 days old.
              My light is 3ft above my plants.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X