Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Calmag Neccessary for Hydroponics & Indoor Gardening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Calmag Neccessary for Hydroponics & Indoor Gardening?

With these newt. package's today, do we really need Calmag? WHY?

I have needed it for every plant I've grown, 13 so far. I blame my well/water not my nutes.
    SSD

Comment

I have never used it.

Comment

I have always used it in coco/perlite mix. ALWAYS will be changing my nutrient brand next grow..plan to use it.
        Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
        Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
        GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
        photoperiod feminized seeds
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Originally posted by Tika View Post
          I have always used it in coco/perlite mix. ALWAYS will be changing my nutrient brand next grow..plan to use it.
          Why are changing brands with all the successful grows you've had? May I ask what you were using and what you are changing too?

Comment

Question, what symptoms do the plants display if they need CalMag and are not getting it?

Comment

Originally posted by insomniaczzz View Post
              Question, what symptoms do the plants display if they need CalMag and are not getting it?
              Usually they need a Cal-Mag supplement with the leaves look like this (Calcium Deficiency):

This is what a Magnesium deficiency looks like:

Calcium and Magnesium work really closely together in the plant. If you give too much of one and not the other, it can actually cause deficiencies to get worse! That's why they almost always come together in the same bottle

You're most likely to need a Cal-Mag supplement if you're using very soft or filtered water which doesn't contain much Cal or Mag (for example Reverse Osmosis water), if you're growing in coco (for some reason plant just want a lot when growing in coco), or sometimes you may just see the symptoms of a Calcium or Magnesium deficiency. Your water source and your nutrients can provide different levels of Calcium and Magnesium, and some plants want more than others, so it can be hard to predict sometimes. Personally I use a Cal-Mag supplement all the time now (at half strength) just because cannabis is a calcium-loving plant, so there's not a big downside to using it. That being said, I didn't always use it and plants grew just fine (except in coco) so if your plants aren't showing symptoms I don't think it would actually make much difference to provide extra!

Comment

As usually nebula, a nice complete answer containing good information that makes things less confusing!

Comment

I ordered a bottle of Calming for my next grow also stocked up on another Fox Farm trio set of newts. Always good to have extra !. Last grow I used no calMag with no problem The Fox Farm stuff has CalMag but a little fortification cant hurt (opinions?)

Comment

Ordered extra 600 watt bulb good to have a spare.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X