Questions for Kind Soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions for Kind Soil

I have been going back and forth thinking about trying out kind soil. If I do I will be using it with the autos from newguy420. I know that what I do now works and works well. However it couldnt hurt to make it a bit easier.

So was wondering if kind soil is worth it.

For those using kind soil with autos is it to hot. I only ask as some have said it doesnt work well with autos. (personally I have never seen fox farms ocean forest to be to hot but others have issues with it. I also use the same nutrient schedule for my autos that I use for photos. Except for White Widow auto which preferred
    lower nutrients, and Carmelicious auto that wants alot more nutrients than any plant I've ever grown.

Also D.A.A.S.69 is that what you are using on you current grow? Did you add teas to the grow?

Californiakid uses kind soil for his autos. Agentbuckwold3 uses kind soil topped with ffof but don't think he does autos. It's pretty hot for seeds and they even recommend using a medium like cocoloco or roots organics original for them to transition into kind soil.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Thanks. I was thinking that I would go to my peat pots that are about half a gallon I believe first when the plant is to big for that I will then place them In the fabric pots with the kind soil topped with ffof. I could use ff Happy frog or Strawberry fields ( I get a huge discount on fox farms products) You plant pot and all if you have never used them. There is never transplant shock doing it that way.

Anyways for those who use it consider me a first time grower. Lol But seriously I am so set in my ways that changing is hard. I have read all the posts, articles, and talked to alot of people about it so think I know what to do. But as my mom used to tell me "thinking you know something is the best was to screw up."

Comment

From my understanding of Kind soil it is to hot by itself which is why its only added as the base layer and topped with another kind of soil. It also has all the nutrients you need for veg-flower so you wouldn't need to add nutes.

I have heard of people using teas along with it but I have no experience there.

Your top layer, FFOF roots organic or whatever, will get you through the first couple weeks of root growth until they reach the Kind soil underneath. I believe root growth slows at this point since that Kind soil is hot but your roots will progress through it as they deplete the nutrients and move deeper.

I'm only on my first time using this soil though so someone more experienced please chime in lol.

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          That seems to be the way to use it from my understanding. Just trying to find out how most use it, and what they do different or on top of the basic.

I am just cautious to switch to it as I can grow some really nice plants now. But it takes up alot of time mixing nutrients etc in 5 or more 5 gallon buckets of water.

Redwasp, Yeah I've used KindSoil a bunch of times, and it's good stuff too.
        But it will burn up seedlings in a day or two, very hot stuff.
        All I use is dug up Ms.Delta soil with perlite at about 40percent. And molasses and Recharge, autos don't require too many nutrients, some like it,some dont.
        You ought to have some rich soil ,close to where you live, if you live by the river.
        I've also noticed his KindSoil mixture ain't always the same either, several times my plants turned dark green with the claw from to much Nitrogen.
        If you use it just make sure that you use enough of it, and don't water till runoff.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Redwasp, I don't know about that free bag.
          But if you send him some pictures and he likes them, he will send you some, at least he used to, I ain't used it in a while.
          But your soil an perlite should work great.

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          Well that answers my question about is it worth it. It's supposed to be getting cool here towards the end of next week. At least I hope it does. I'll go and get some of that real nice dirt and see what I can do with it. Any of the soil around here works good but that soil is really really good.

Thanks

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          I would visit the site for sure. I believe he has a mix for auto flowers too. Since its leagal here we have buisness for soil companies and there's some good companies around with great products. Just like kindsoil only local and not pricey plus no shipping. I read that with kind soil/kiss soil you should monitor your soil temps to get the most of all that biological activity. Just fyi since you're waiting for it to cool off 😉.

Redwasp I've been using kindsoil for a few grows now.
        I use 5lbs in a 5gal fabric pot, that leaves just enough room for a little starter mix.

Its just what I needed when I found it. Too many things requiring my attention, mixing nutes and schedules is a pain with everything going on.

Now I'm feeling I can get something similar sourced locally to save on shipping. I may even blend my own.

I do like using teas. Everything gets it at my house. I've used kindsoil without it, and it still works. But tea kicks it up a gear.

"Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• Californiakid
          Californiakid commented
          Editing a comment
          Chef reminded me of the temperature at the roots...
          Important for the biology, I had to use a 200w cfl to keep temps up when I was using led last winter. Now with hps I'm hoping temps will be just right.

Hell I forgot I used sprouting heat pads to keep the roots warm too!
          Last edited by Californiakid; 10-07-2018, 07:22 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X