Exhaust Mufflers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Mufflers?

I would like to quiet down my exhaust some,I see they sell exhaust mufflers and wonder how well they work? Anyone have1st hand knowledge? Is one brand better than another. It's not terribly loud except when watching TV.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Try some insulated duct tubing and hang your exaust fan with rubber bungees my two cents

Comment

Also, I've seen people use a cardboard box around the exhaust fan - it will act as a damper (be sure there are no really hot areas). You could maybe use the box it came in. Potted has very good recommendations as well. I used rope for mine. Whatever you don't want to do is use solid hardware to hold things in place, the vibration will carry into your floor joints, etc. You could also use a speed controller, say.. if you have a much larger exhaust fan than you require. Overall I'd save your money and do these cheap effective methods. In combination they can work really well.

Comment

Trying to quiet down my 8" exhaust fan for my carbon scrubber, and wanted to see if I could build myself a muffler for cheap. This is what I came up with.
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

Thanks guys for your ideas, I have the scrubber and fan hanging by bungge cords, did that a few months ago and it made the vibration noise go away but still kinda loud when watching a movie. Going to look and see what I have laying around to build one.
          Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
          36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
          4 bulb T5's for Veg.
          3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
            GreenhouseEffect commented
            Editing a comment
            As far as I can tell, the main thing is having lots of surface area of something that absorbs sound. Softer materials always seem like they eat the most noise, like a pillow. Also, slowing down the rapid escape of air, seems to be part of sound deadening.

Good luck on your Redneck Engineering!!

Well I looked around and didn't find anything that I could use to build one. So I ordered an Ipower muffler, $29.00 on Amazon. I'll let everyone know what I think of it.
          Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
          36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
          4 bulb T5's for Veg.
          3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X