Rapid rooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Rapid rooters

Hey y'all! Im trying out the rapid rooters for the 1st time. I just stuck the seed in the hole and put a piece of the rooter I ripped from the side on top of the hole to cover the seed .I'm just wondering should I keep the rooter in the dark until it emerges or can I put it in the light right off the bat? I know to keep the light far away for seedlings

I put them in a germination tray with a dome cover on top of a germination pad, and I don't hit them with light until something emerges. It's also easier if you put the seed in the narrow end and balance it on its wide end. I just snip into the narrow end and lay the seed in like a hot dog on a bun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	255117
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Haha nice man! Thanks for the help I ended up ripping some of the bottom off so they would stand up,never thought of flipping them!

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        That's fine. I usually snip the bottom off with scissors to get them to stand up. Good luck with germination 😉.

Also quick question what's the avg germ time for you? I guess until you see some popping out the dirt

Comment

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        I love those. I just drop the seeds in the hole. I stopped covering them up because they do fine without it. Just make sure the seed is at the bottom of the hole.

As far as average time? I've had some come up after 15 hours. I'd say my average is 2 or 3 days but I have had a very few take 10 days. Generally if they arent up by day 3 they seem to take 7 days. But this is just for me. I dont know what others usual times are.

Here are the ones I dropped yesterday at 3pm. You can see in the close up of that 1 that it will be up in about 12 hours. The others have just tiny tap roots so far. I just watered them. You dont want them that wet looking all the time. And sorry the pics wouldnt attach here so they are below.
        Last edited by Redwasp; 10-05-2018, 08:05 AM.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        With the germination pad providing some heat, mine usually pop in 24-48 hours. I keep them moist, but not drowning.

Click image for larger version  Name:	15387443835645213844425693357815.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.10 MB ID:	255179Click image for larger version  Name:	15387442117097887567677419663472.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.69 MB ID:	255178Sorry
      the pictures didnt come up in the above post.

Comment

• Jeezusjuiicee
        Jeezusjuiicee commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow that's cool! It looks like the one is growing upside down? Haha but thanks for the help man these things do seem way better than paper towel. No more touching and moving the seed!

• Jeezusjuiicee
        Jeezusjuiicee commented
        Editing a comment
        And it looks like you start yours off under light? I wasn't sure if I should do that

The tap root will find it's way to the dirt. Started from seed in the rapid rooter. If I had started on a paper towel I'd put the tap root down.

And yes I always have started them under lights. Works great for me. However I think many say it's not good.

Comment

• Jeezusjuiicee
        Jeezusjuiicee commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha alright thanks for the tip. I have them under my bathroom sink in the cupboard right now. I'll probably just wait a day and put them in some light!

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        From gwe germination article.
        Once your seeds are safely planted, you can turn on your grow light. The heat from the lamp improves germination rates, and the light can help your new cannabis seedlings open their first set of leaves. In fact, the first set of leaves will often stay yellow until they get light.

• Jeezusjuiicee
        Jeezusjuiicee commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh wow thanks Chefbjy super useful! Putting them in the light now

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X