1000g 1000watts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000g 1000watts?

I was just wondering if anyone here has achieved 1000g of bud from 1000watt hps/mh. I ask because the conventional saying is that you can get 1g per watt. I've had some awesome harvests but have never hit that goal. I think I hit a bit over 800g from that light.

I've gotten close to that with LEDs using 2 viperspectrum 450 watt. The actual wattage used I believe is 424 watts for the two together. I got 398g from those.

I have never picked a strain because they were a high yielding plant so maybe that would make up the difference. Anyways just wondering if that is a realistic goal.

It is a lot harder to reach the gram per watt from the 1000w systems as they are quite a bit less efficient compared to other wattages. So 800g would actually be a pretty could acheivement.
    Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the response. I was just wondering as that would be a huge yield per plant considering the foot print of 1000 watt lights is not all that big at 22 inches away.

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      Well maybe not huge but definitely hard to actually get basically 9 ounces from every plant.

My second to last grow I harvested 800 grams with a 600 hps on a track . This last harvest I think I will be close to 2 lbs. But I'll see. But that is 600 hps on track with a 300 led on each side and co2.

Comment

That is a great job. I'm assuming the actual watts used by those 300 watt leds is 140 to 150 watts? That's a nice yield. I have never used co2 but I'd bet that would get me closer to the mark. I just dont want any more equipment. Lol

Comment

my best is a pound and a few grams out of a 600

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          That's pretty good.

Growers that talented won't be on here lol

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          You would be surprised.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X