Squishy buds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squishy buds

Are sticky squishy buds just the beginning of rot if still green and are they unsafe to smoke if so? I did remove a couple small rot spots.
    Here's a dead spider mite in an ink pen line, gonna have to smoke these whether killed or die by drying right?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 7vicsmcc; 10-04-2018, 10:58 AM.

My experience has been: If you have microscope to check your tricomes I would use it to look at your buds up close. I pulled 2 plants early for mold & bud rot, on both I saw only 1 spot on each plant looking with my eyes, but the microscope told a different story. Seeing into the buds let me see the start of mold & bud rot that could have killed both plants & lost my entire harvest. You should not smoke bad buds, dangerous to your health. I checked the buds & dried any that were not infected. Tricomes were under 50% but I had to do it, it's a nice clean high but it could have been so much more or I could have ended with nothing. Good luck 🍀
    "Not all that glitters is gold, not all that is sticky is tar." proverb ☮☮☮

Comment

• 7vicsmcc
      7vicsmcc commented
      Editing a comment
      I've looked at some with microscope and don't see any but don't know if some strains might just be that way

Yes some buds are just airy. And sticky is a good thing. There is nothing stickier than bud. But check the buds down to the stem and make sure you dont have any brown at the stem of not then you are good to go.

Comment

• 7vicsmcc
      7vicsmcc commented
      Editing a comment
      I have seen some, not many with brown stem. They ain't airy, that's the problem.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X