Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i tell if these buds are ready if i dont have a magnifying glass???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i tell if these buds are ready if i dont have a magnifying glass???

So im worried im going to miss the right time to harvest as i dont have the right magnifying glass (i have ordered a x60 but waiting for it to arrive) but i see some of the pistils are turning brown and i cant see the trichomes clear enough with a normal magnifying glass or with my phone fully zoomed in.... so what do you guys think ? start to flush and harvest in a few days or wait a bit? please give any ideas or help as this is my first grow and want to get it done to start the next now that i know more and know where i screwed up lol thanks !!!!

Looks great! Second and third pics you can zoom in and see that the trichomes are clouding up. But not enough to harvest yet, pistils need to be redder - lots of white pistils still.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Alright thanks man !!! so when like 90% pistils are red then it should be ok to harvest or start the flush?

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        By looking at the 3rd pic. I say 2 maybe 3 weeks. If you're growing in soil, I would give them nothing but water and molasses from here on. Then you won't have to flush them.

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        kingfish is right. Nothing but teas and watering til you harvest. Makes for a smooth smoke.

alright they are in coco so should i start with clean water ? from now till they ready?

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        just don't give them anymore nutes. If you are in coco, I wouldn't think there be any microbes in the coco to feed. So water only would be fine. But I don't grow in coco. so I'm not sure. Someone who does can correct me if I wrong.

First thought, at least a month, better a bit late than early.

Comment

Yes man old school way, pistils change color to rust and curl inward was a good way.

Comment

Ok good thanks guys!!! so i still have some time to go.... so clean hp water should be good from now till they ready? or can i finnish the weeks nutes that are already mixed it should be done in a day or so, then clean water?

Comment

I would use the neuts til the pistols turn mostly brown, then start to rinse.

Comment

• Christhenoobie
              Christhenoobie commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok thanks for the help I really appreciate it!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X