Harvest Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest Time!

So I cut her down today; I was seeing some amber trichs (possibly a bit more than I wanted, but oh well...that's on me for not knowing exactly what I was supposed to be looking at) and I also realized that I'm going to be away next week so wanted to get everything started curing (roomie will check the jars for me).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3830.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	692.8 KB
ID:	254156

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3832.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	570.1 KB
ID:	254157

I think I underestimated how long trimming everything up would take...and I need a third drying rack. Our trim job definitely won't win any awards (mainly because we don't want to stay up until midnight), but I have a decent amount of trim and roomie's taking the fan leaves and stems for her compost pile. So far all buds look normal, the sugar leaves have a few burned tips but I'm not seeing any signs of mold. So far. And yeah, a solid LST plan from the outset probably would have helped (I was untangling branches for a good five minutes).
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Nice haul wolf. I know what you mean about trimming. That is my least favorite part of growing. Getting all that sticky crap all over your hands. BTW regular cocking oil is the best way to get the sticky off your hands. congrats on your grow.

Comment

Nice job. And yeah trimming can take a long time for sure. Put on a movie or some tunes and just try to enjoy it.

Comment

Congrats on your harvest! "unknown heirloom sativa (vintage bagseed from a relative)"... have you tried a sample yet? Is it good?
        FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
        Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
        Flower 600w HPS
        alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
        1st grow White Widow
        Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

I haven't tried any yet, the one bud I started curing early has been in a jar for 3 days or so already has a nice "full" spicy smell, tiniest bit musty but not a bad musty if that makes sense. I should get a vaporizer.

We only managed to get rid of the biggest fan leaves with a wet trim last night, and the rest of it will be (not really by choice) dry trimming which I can already see is gonna be a royal pain. Well I can finally catch up on Mr. Robot tomorrow I already found one seed, but given that this came from seedy bud I'm not too surprised. Maybe that whitish powder I was seeing a few weeks ago was actually pollen (but I never saw any visible herm signs, so....).
          ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
            GreenhouseEffect commented
            Editing a comment
            You can also harvest in stages, cut off as many mature colas as you want to trim that session, and leave the rest till your'e ready( well, within reason!) I tend to harvest a plant over the course of a few day's, trim for a couple hours every evening, drink a beer, smoke some scissor hash, listen to some Tom Petty and roll a joint. Keeps some of the monotany out of it, by the end of trimming a harvest, I'm tired of trimming, but by the next one, I'm looking forward to it again!

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            RiP Tom Petty

I feel your pain! Spent 13 hours trimming on Sunday! Your harvest looks great!

Comment

Dry trimming is a bitch >_< but it gives me something to do (I'm jarring buds as they get dry enough, some takes longer because of my half-ass trim job to begin with). Roomie's only helpful comment was "Last time I smoked we didn't trim anything, all we had were the leaves". Rekindling the debate about THC levels in fan leaves vs. sugar leaves (I offered her some trim which would prove my point but...).

The one I jarred last week smells kinda like tea...chai, maybe.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
              Editing a comment
              Some of the commercial growers will cut a big hole in a bucket, leaving behind the sharp edge, and use it to scrape off the dry sugar leaves. I never tried that trick though, my guess is that you might loose a few extra trichomes, but it may work out ok if you get really sick of dry trimming.
              I dry trimmed my first couple of times, and then said, "NO MORE" such a pita. It does seem like the more I grow, and the more I trim, the easier trimming becomes, though. Make sure they are running out of N late in the grow, so that I have fewer fans to trim, molasses to bulk them up more, harvest in stages, better trimming technique, it will all get easier over time. Not that I am any kind of expert, still learning but it is getting easier!

• GreenhouseEffect
              Editing a comment
              Could train that weed kitty of yours to help!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X