FF big bloom vs tiger bloom.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FF big bloom vs tiger bloom.

So I'm going to be switching to flowering soon. Been using FF grow big for veg nutes. Been getting good results. I'm using because it's organic. Big bloom is also organic but tiger is not. Would big bloom be enough to support the following phase? I would like to stay completely organic if possible. The NPK is .01 .3 .7.

sounds good to me

Comment

Sweet. I'm gonna give it a shot. If I don't like results I'll more than likely just switch to a different brand of nutes next grow. Thanks!

Comment

Don't let the name Organic fool you. It's a chemical in a bottle. How organic can that be ? I've been using FF Trio for years. The word Organic is used pretty liberally here.

Comment

• Jacuna94
          Jacuna94 commented
          Editing a comment
          Aww man. I was hoping for an all organic grow. Oh well. So is the post you just put fed with ff?

• kingfish
          kingfish commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, it is all FF

• Jacuna94
          Jacuna94 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sweet. I'll go ahead and use tiger bloom as well. I have to ask though. I'm planning on switch to 12/12 next month sometime. Should I start using big bloom now to get it ready to switch to flowering? How did you use them? If you don't mind me asking.

Stop using Grow Big and start using Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom when you switch to 12/12. BUT, and this is very important. Only use 1/2 strength on all Nutes.

Comment

Ok. And yes I have been using grow big half strength. Do you just rotate feedings with the bb and TB?

Comment

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Use them both at 1/2 strength.

• Jacuna94
            Jacuna94 commented
            Editing a comment
            Got it. Thank you!

FF is not an organic system. If that's an issue make your own soil. I use 1/2 to full strength nutes but not until flowering since I'm in FF Ocean Forest.
          SSD

Comment

• Jacuna94
            Jacuna94 commented
            Editing a comment
            Weird how it says organic. Ok.

You definitely can't give all the nutrients it need just with Big Bloom. It's an incredible supplement, but as you can see see from the NPK values that are just fractions, it just doesn't have high enough levels of Phosphorus (P) and Potassium (K) to support flowering. Big Bloom is more like a supplement with lots of organic goodies, not really a base "nutrient" like the other two parts of the trio.

Tiger Bloom is amazing stuff, and really effective at helping make buds, but like you said it's the one part of the trio that isn't organic as confirmed by FoxFarm (at least that was the case a few years ago when I contacted them about it).

If you are not going to use Tiger Bloom (and alway use that one at 1/2 strength or less, it's really powerful) you should find another option that's going to have significant P and K for the flowering stage. It's normally never recommended to mix nutrients but I think Big Bloom would interfere less with other nutrients since it's mild and uses ingredients that don't often interfere.

I personally had great results with the trio, and great flavor, so I do recommend it if you've been using them so far.

If you're looking for truly organic nutrients, a lot of people like the nutrients by General Organics for cannabis. It's made by the same people as General Hydroponics. That's the organic nutrient system I'm most familiar with, but there's tons of other great ones too, so definitely make sure to check around! One of the growers on here (Royal Nugs) recently made an organic nutrient "tea" by brewing some composted soil with water, then used that to water his plants. You can't get much more natural than that!

Comment

• Jacuna94
            Jacuna94 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Nebula! I decided to go ahead and give them a try. I will definitely try a full organic grow in the future so I can compare. And that's really awesome! I'm going to have to get with him on that one!

• NebulaHaze
            NebulaHaze commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you'll be happy with it! When I used the FF trio I was really pleased with the results

• Jacuna94
            Jacuna94 commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome. I know it's a cheaper set of nutrients. But it's my only available option locally. Besides some miracle grow plant food. Lol.

I have been satisfied but would like to find one nute to use, at least in flowing.
          SSD

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X