Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOLD! 10-14 days from ideal harvest. What to do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! MOLD! 10-14 days from ideal harvest. What to do???

I posted another thread here about a chem contamination and effects/progress of my plants. While things have been generally smooth sailing (besides the accidental contamination) we have been in a recent pattern here in N. VT. of cool wet weather (55/40, cloudy and damp). This weather trend looks to continue for another couple days before some sunny/partly sunny days and temps climbing back up into the mid 60s.

We found a small spot of mold about 10 days ago and clipped it out of one bud. Today we have found a fair amount more. Below are some photos of the mold we have cut out, including a few sizable chunks of flowers removed. Also are photos from each plant of where the showcase flowers are at (getting pretty close) and where some of the less developed smaller flowers are at (maybe a week behind). The locations of mold seem to be exclusively in the further along flowers, which could allow for an early harvest of those and letting the non-mold smaller flowers more time to develop.

Looking for some guidance on how best to protect these plants from more mold while allowing the flowering process to complete to the optimal harvest window.

Other ideas we had:
    Neem oil
    moving plants inside at night to a drier room w/ dehumidifier
    partial harvest of flowers which are further along

Thanks for any input!

I feel your pain - cuz I've been there - bringing them in at night might help. Or - try a little late LST and pull some of the outside branches away from the middle.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

It sounds like from Nebula's write up on this that my best bet is taking the plants down right away. I am curious if anyone can speak to removing large sections of a plant (the bigger, denser, further along colas which are in a good harvest window) while leaving some of the lower smaller buds to hopefully use their airier spaces to persevere through to some warmer drier weather in a couple days and get a little further along before also getting cut.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have done that and seen it done as well. If you leave enough (strain dependent) green on bottom, and only remove the tops... she can reveg.

rangerjake , that mold ,bud rot, is ruff, stuff.
      But yeah, you can cut what's ready, and leave the others to get done.
      Good Luck with them, I know that makes you sick.
      But I would sure bring them inside.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Great answers - I would harvest what's ready.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

The more air movement the better,and dry conditions bouth fight white mold and rot.lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X