revert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL revert?

I cut some clones off a donor late that was late into veg. When I did this it was also late into the summer so a month later (now) the plants are in 3 gallon pots and they are well into flower in the greenhouse with failing light. they are about 8-10' tall now. the problem is I want to put them into my tent and revert them back to veg. so I can grow them bigger. Should I just put them into the tent and let the light on 24 hr? should I cut the flowers off completely before I do this? they have a well established root system so I wonder if I should just cut the stem off and leave a node or two and then crank the light to them?

You mean 8-10 INCHES right?
    I think you'll be fine just putting the ones that are not to far along in flowering back in the tent and giving them 24hrs till you want them to flower, I did that with one of mine in the greenhouse this spring, for the same reason. It might be good to just let a couple that are farther along finish flowering, though. Kind of worries me leaving buds that are very far along in suspended animation, just cause of the risk for mold.
    As far as picking off buds, I don't know, have never tried it. Maybe some one else can answer?
    I wouldn't chop them down though, those leaves and branches should be fine.

Hear is a picture of that plant I reveged, it is the shorter one on the left, with all the green leaves. CD-1 strain, it got EXTREMELY bushy after I put her back to 24hrs, and I had to do a bunch of thinning out of growth before she flowered. Still really a dense plant, very resiliant, making lots of nice buds. It does set them back some, but can be worth it in situations like this.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
      GreenhouseEffect commented
      Editing a comment
      I forgot to mention, only bother to re-vedge if they are photo period plants, since it won't work with auto flowering. It also might be good to plan on finishing them in the tent, depending on where you are, cause day length just gets to short in early winter to make very dense buds, unless you can do supplemental lighting.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenhouseEffect, Bro. Those look great,I sure wish it were legal where I live, I'd have greenhouses, everywhere, for the Mj.
      And I'm like you, if I ain't got seeds, we in trouble, ain't nothin like fresh vegetables! !!
      I sure wouldn't be growing inside if it was legal. Unless a few autos

yes I do mean 8-10 inches. they aren't autoflowering either. thanks for the response greenhouseffect. Do you think I should even waste my time with these or run and grab some seeds???? Im thinking just cutting the buds off and throwing them on the drying rack and see what happens>>Im going to drop them in 10 gallon buckets and put in tent. Its getting colder. Im on Vancouver island so rain is coming

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      you need to leave some buds for the reveg, new growth starts at the tip of the bud and eventually it will become a branch and then you remove the remaining flower around the stem

• GreenhouseEffect
      Editing a comment
      That's cool what you said about the growth tips 9fingerleaves, I never thought about that part, but it makes total sense, the buds are the end of the growth tips, and if you pinch them all off before the plants starts to grow again, you got nothing! Might be why my re-vedges after harvest failed in the past.

I think that there is a good chance of them growing really good once they are re-potted in the tent, with 24 hrs of light. Clones, at least for me, tend to be really slow at first, then they take off, once they finally get some good roots under them, and a good feed. Just basically have to tell them that it's spring time.
    Those buds probably won't be to great yet, could try them, but often bud harvested really early can have a racy, paranoid high, though I have heard of it actually being a good high for some people.
    Well, buying some new seeds is always awesome! If I don't have all kinds of seeds on hand, and that includes vedgetables and stuff to, I kind of panic, might mean I have a problem, but I always love to have seeds on hand( and usually way more than I actually need!), ready to grow when I need them!
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

yo greenhouseeffect…..what are the yellow things hanging in your house???

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
        Editing a comment
        Oh, those are just a new version of the yellow sticky cards, they do actually work way better, probably about 12 different faces on them for bugs to get stuck and perish. The only thing you have to be real careful of, is your beneficial insects, as they do not discriminate between friend and foe.
        I have been trying out systemic Neem Oil instead, you just mix about a table spoon of the stuff in a gallon of water, about every 3-4 weeks during Vedge, then you want to stop once they began flowering, it really seems to keep the pests off of them. Aphids on my tomatoes all summer, just a couple feet away, but they pretty much left my Cannabis alone.

The yellow sticky's really do good for an explosion of flying pests, though, I put mine up when the aphid population got big enough to start sending out winged aphids, to colonize there next victims, access denied Mo- Fo's!!

yo greenhouse effect, I have another question. How long do you think it will take for these plants to show grow? they have been under the light 24hrs for about four days.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        youll be able to take clones in about a month to 6 weeks, youll need to transplant soon when you see new growth in a couple of weeks tops

• GreenhouseEffect
        Editing a comment
        A couple of weeks sounds bout right to me, to.

• GreenhouseEffect
        Editing a comment
        Your plants are just confused as shit right now, god only knows what it makes them think when we flip them back to 24 hrs light.
        Hear they were, all thinking it was a winter coming, then it suddenly started staying light all the time, next thing they know maybe there will be martians landing....
        They will start growing after a bit though, once they decide that they really don't care, let the aliens cart off those weird critters that keep messin with them, got to try and make some seeds!! ( or in this case Buds

I already put them in 10 gallon buckets when I moved them. They are loving the light and look healthy. Ive been giving them a light dose of GROW NOVA from GH.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X