X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

Hey guys

I cant seem to pinpoint my problem.
    im at start of week 5 of flowering ,symptoms started at the start of the 4th week of flower
    as picture show im starting to get some yellowing and brown spots on some fan leaves on top of the plants.
    im growing in soil in 5 gallons smart pots with general organics nutes.feeding schedule is in the picture and i even use the optional nutes when possible
    4 x led grow lights 2200 watts total
    48 x 48 grow tent with exhaust fan

i have looked all over and really cant seem to figure it out.
    also do i remove those damaged leaves?

thanks for the help

Dxg, what brand of soil? how close are your light? And the size of the foot print? Template and humidity? What is the ph? If this is all checking out this may be a toxicity.
    Space for Rent.

Comment

Soil pro mix hp
      Light is about 20 inch from the topmost bud
      no idea on the size of the footprint
      Humidity ranges from 50 to 55%
      temp is around 70 degres farenheit
      ph doesnt need to be checked with general organics products( i tested every watering for a month and it always had the right ph so i didnt do it again).

my first tought was light burn but no upper cupping of the leafs they are drooping instead.

Comment

• furrysparkle
        furrysparkle commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like a boron excess, do the newer leaves contort or wrinkle?

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        What is your watering and feeding practice? A picture of the whole plant in nature light would be great, can't tell colors, but red.

I would check your PH of the runoff water. around week 3 of flowering cannabis is needing a different set of nutes and a lot of times if the medium isnt flushed there is a buildup of unused/excess of what the plant does not need from medium, if it does uptake it then you get a toxicity. Note: that nitrogen toxicity start closest to the lights. It is common to have problems with PH, and/or deficiency/toxicity showing by week 5.
        PH will change through the grow, not what you put in but were the medium is at, so check the PH in and out just to rule it out.

If that is good, the lighting is a thought. did you add, lower or turn up the lights around the time this started?

I belive Promix is a soilless medium.

• Dxg598
        Dxg598 commented
        Editing a comment
        Furrysparkle yes it does indeed look like a boron excess will a flushing fix it? The leaves claw down

Hi Dgx, I agree with mr.furley. I can't see the plants at all in the pink pics, but that leaf looks like your plants need a good flushing.
      by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Why Flush Cannabis in the First Place? Which growers should flush? How to prevent the need to flush How to Flush a Sick Marijuana Plant (without harming it) How to Fix Incorrect pH Without Flushing

If you scroll down a little, you'll see a leaf that looks like yours.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Furrysparkle it happens only to the older leaves.

mr.furley i water eveytime my soil is dry up to the first knuckle or i lift the pot is its light i water. Usually theres an interval of 3 to 4 days between watering.
        i will test my soil ph next watering.
        i have never flushed unless it was harvest time.
        so just water it for a week or 2 with phed water?
        for the lights i have removed a low budget 1000 watt and added a quality 900 watt a week ago but i added some pulleys also so that took my light down about 5 inch but symptoms were already showing before i put the new light and before i put the pulleys.pro mix is soil with perlite.
        also do i remove the damaged leaves?

Comment

• Dxg598
          Dxg598 commented
          Editing a comment
          6.5 the majority of time
          And i just feed

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you been feeding nutes from the veg stage?

• Dxg598
          Dxg598 commented
          Editing a comment
          Look at the feeding schedule in my pictures i follow that. During veg i use bio thrive grow and during flower bio thrive bloom with all the others mentioned on the schedule

How many watts are being used from the wall, ? Is that 2200watts, actual watts, ?
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• Dxg598
          Dxg598 commented
          Editing a comment
          i dont know i have listed the light i have in my next post
          Last edited by Dxg598; 09-28-2018, 01:16 PM.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          phlizon 900 actual draw 220 Watts.

meizhi reflector series 600 actual draw 277 Watts covers a 3 by 3 tent at 18"

yae tek 300 watt actual draw 145 Watts x 2

150 watt vander life actual draw 50 Watts

787 watt actual combined draw

Took a minute to look each one up for specs.
          You got a lot of light for that space, I'd rise them up, maybe even take a couple out. I'm not the best Source For LED but some that use them should be alone, Still need to check that Ph
          Nice looking plants.

• Dxg598
          Dxg598 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks yes il check the ph tommorow il water with plain phed water to flush them a bit and i will get those light up a bit.

Here is the models of my lights
        phlizon 900 watt with bloom switch
        meizhi reflector series 600 watt with bloom switch
        2 x yae tek 300 watt full spectrum (red orange light apparently boosts flowering)
        and a small 150 watt vander life for spots that has less light.

i forgot to mention my tent is 48 x 48 x 80

Comment

Picture of the setup and pictures of the plants on daylight

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Dxg598, nice plant, I don't see anything wrong but maybe your upper leaves, got very close to being bleached, they look lighter than your lower leaves, but they will be fine.
            You might want to raise them up some or take out some like Mr.furley said.
            GoodLuck

D.A.A.S Will that cause to have brown spots here and there?
          i have upped my light 6 inches and i will water with phed water and see if that helps
          Last edited by Dxg598; 09-28-2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Brown spots sounds like you need cal-mag, have you been using any ? Are you using tapwater?
            Next time try to get pictures of the brown spots.

• Dxg598
            Dxg598 commented
            Editing a comment
            I use cal mag on every feed im using filtered water and picture is in my first post i will put another one clearer

Can it be a nute lockout?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you checking your run-off?
            Lights to low can cause all sorts of problems, spots included.
            Next picture can you take it in natural light ? Can't see good with your Led on.

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            With cannabis plants that have light burn, your leaves can sometimes become yellow or red/purple, possibly with brown spotting, often with burnt tips/edges and margins that stay green. Other problems, like nutrient problems, can trigger or make the symptoms of light burn a lot worse. Leaves may also appear generally burnt in places when there’s too much light, especially when combined with heat or nutrient problems.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X