Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aloa Vera gel use as cloning/rooting gel

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any idea about using aloa vera gel to dip the tip of cloınes, as some sort of cloning/rooting gel?

Will it have the right hormones to support rooting? Nebula Haze says it is even possible to do it in plain water...

Reason one uses a root dip solution is they contain combination of root stimulants to encourage fast root growth - you would have to research if aloe Vera has anything to stimulate roots.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

thanks for your response Canuck147 . can you call those stimulants names? It's another depth of digging so..

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes - this is from Ed's book -naphthalene acetic acid (NAA), indole-3 acetic acid (IAA) and indolebutynic acid (IBA) - or a combination of these.

Originally posted by satisinatra View Post
      Nebula Haze says it is even possible to do it in plain water...
      I did manage to get a clone to root in water (very healthy root system in about 10 days), but it was taken in early flower so that timing may have had something to do with it. My veg water clones have been hit or miss; one seemed healthy but got sick and died after transplant to soil.
      ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

I have been told by one grower that I know, that aloe does just as well as rooting gel, but I have not verified this myself.
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

i always use aloe vera, i have a plant in my house and i cut 3 inches off and make a hole with a tooth pic tru the savila, then i squish softly and introduce clones before leaving them in a cup of water. works better than just water thats for sure, ive heard is good because its antibacterial preventing rot, but it could be a myth, it definitely works give it a try (:

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            9fingerleafs, Man that sounds like a great way . How long do you leave your cutting in the aloevera? Before you put it in water, ?
            We got an Aloeplant, and I'm fixing to take a cutting off of an autoflower, just for something to do. Thanks

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            well id say around 5 seconds, i just try to cover the stem in the sap in a poking motion haha im not sure an auto will work for cloning

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm pretty sure autos want work either, but I'm high as hell, and done tried it. I could care less if it works or not, lol, Thanksagain

I just heard a quick bit about this the other day... apparently aloe vera has an exceptional number of great things in it and yes, they said it could be used as a rooting gel.
          FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
          Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
          Flower 600w HPS
          alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
          1st grow White Widow
          Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

Go on YouTube. I believe the name is Mendo dope organic not sure but they cut aloe Vera plant squeeze the gel into a cup of water and then they dip they’re clones into the water and let it sit till Roots. Something like that checkout the video or videos I’m sure there is a lot on that in YouTube. Most likely under organic grows..

Comment

Other rooting stimulants, fresh willow shoots fermented in water and alfalfa meal tea for triacontanol.
              "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
              5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
              600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
              Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
              400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
              ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
              13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

I could test this I have an aloe plant and am going to make a few clones soon, should I go buy some rooting gel and compare the 2? Well 3 with a control?
                Grow and good luck
                Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thats a great idea furry, keep us posted

I’d say save your money unless you really want first hand experience. Doesn’t really take much to clone I always just throw the cuttings in water when I top my plant and about 10 days later Roots I have used rooting gel also it all works. Just what you prefer. I learned after I had bought all this stuff that I can just doit more naturally. Sometimes you just have to pay the price to learn or read GWE.lol. I’m a rookie at this though just my 2 cents..

Comment

great! thanks everone for the answers. WeirdWiredWolf I hope you're riight because thats what i did, 2 weeks into flowering and I just cut 2 clones to try. I'm pretty proud of my plant considering it's my first plant and I have that feeling I'll love the outcomes. And the seed I planted was just out from a super lemon haze that I got from the dealer .D plus I accidentally cut a stem in half way while doing training last weekend. it was healing good but anyway it encouraged me to try cloning as well. I'm just squeezing the aloa gel into clone water in a minute. furrysparkle great idea, let's just do it along under this topic. I'm putting it in 1 of 2 so I can compare it to plain water (ph'd). will also upload pictures as freq as I can.

Comment

The important thing about water clones is to block as much light from getting to the roots as possible; I put the jar of water in a ceramic pot about an inch taller than the jar and covered it (the jar of water) with some black fabric with a tiny hole in it to poke the cutting through. Even in a sunny window it rooted.
                    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

• satisinatra
                      satisinatra commented
                      Editing a comment
                      that sounds about right. I did not figure that out before but it makes sense. I'll do the same to mine.

What I did yesterday was to switch to half strength of nutrient rate recommended for seedlings. I also added 2 drops of Orca liquid micoriza to refreshed plain water. I can see some motion at crop point of the one tha I added aloa vera but no roots so far (9th day of crop).

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X