No announcement yet.

My 2nd Grow (2 different bag seeds)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL My 2nd Grow (2 different bag seeds)

This is my second grow. My first grow was harvested on July 18th. I was going to wait until it was late September to start my next grow due to the heat in my building/grow room. But I was bitten by the growing bug and could not wait that long😂. I started the germination process with in two weeks. I used some bag seeds that I had for awhile and used last time. I don't know if the moon was not right or what, but I only had 2 come up after several germinated and were put in dirt. I knew since I only had two plants this that I needed to make the most of them. I started one that gerninated quick in dirt on 7/28. As it was a bag seed its genetics are unkown. What is known is this; it was a light colored grey seed. The grey seeds made short bushy plants in the last grow. The buds that came off those plants were fluffy but large. They were harvested a couple of days early due to heat stress. This color seed also made 2 males and 2 female when flowering. The buds smoked fast and high was dismal. The next generation will be known as "Short Grey". The next seed that made it was a dark seed. Same as before genetics are unknown, but this is what is known. The seed was black in color. The black seeds grew plants that were tall and slinder. The buds were nice and big. Thats whats in profile picture. The buds were dense but not to dense, and sticky as hell. Smelled decent too. It smokes ok with a mediocre at best high. Out of all the black seeds that were germinated last grow everyone was a female. All 8 turned out to be female😃. This next generation will be referred to in this grow as "Tall Dark". Here is what I have written down as to date:

Medium = 75% Fox Farm Ocean Forest.
    . 25% Happy Frog Potting Soil
    . 8oz cup of Lime

Environment = 4'W X 5'10"L X 7'4"T Room in a Out
    . Building. 3 fans, (1) 45 cfm Bathroom
    . Exhaust fan. Currently workinf on a
    . 5'10"w x 7'8"L x 7'4"T room for flowering
    . and the smaller room for Veg.

Nutrients = General Organics Go Box. Using optional Bio
    . Marine and Diamond Black. Will be adding
    . Blackstrap Molasses in Flowering stage.

LST Method = Fluxing. After a recent newsletter i decided
    to go with this method. The pictures
    . were outstanding and I would be ecstatic
    . with results even close to those.

Light Setup = Seedlings - 6 weeks : (4) T12
    . Florescent Bulbs 18/6
    . Vegetative Stage : 400w MH 18/6
    . Flowering Stage : 400w HPS 12/12
    . Currently working on a
    . custom hood to hold 2
    . 400w HPS Bulbs (with
    . exhust built on) to go wit
    . with the bigger upgraded
    . flowering room.
    SHORT GREY TALL DARK
    Placed in Soil= 7/28. Placed in Soil=8/1.
    Under (4) 4" T12 Under (4) 4" T12
    Florescent Bulbs =7/28. Florescent Bulbs=8/1.
    Sprouted Out = 8/2. Sprouted Out= 8/4. SUPERthrive. SUPERthrive. 0.5-0-0 stared= 8/14. 0.5-0-0 started=8/14.
    BioGrow Intro'ed= 8/20. BioGrow Intro'ed= 8/20.
    BrokeDominance=8/24. Broke Dominance=8/24.
    Tied down. Tied down
    New Growth = 9/11😔 New Growth = 9/11😔
    Switched to Switched to
    400w MH Light = 9/15. 400w MH Light = 9/15.
    Grow Box Week 1= 9/19. Grow Box Week 1= 9/19.
    Started Flux = 9/19. Started Flux = 9/19.
    Transplanted to 4 Transplanted to 4
    gallon bucket = 9/19. gallon red pot =9/19

This is up to the current date. These pictures were taken on 9/21.

What you have here is an equipment list, and a through one at that.

Can you control the temperature, humidity, air circulation, smell. light, nutrition, etc. ? If the answer is yes, then use any equipment you want, and you are good to go. If the answer is no, then it is back to the drawing board.

Happy growing.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

A couple of things I noticed that can help improve your grow: That old Hydraulic fluid bucket could be leaching some bad stuff into your plants, and since when you smoke, things can go right through the blood brain barrier, it could be really unhealthy for you. I grow in buckets a lot, and you can get them for free from your local grocery store bakery, since doughnut filling, cake frosting and stuff comes in them, and many stores just pitch them in the trash. Perfectly good buckets, and they are food grade, you can even drill em full of holes, and the roots will get all the oxygen that they crave.

You mentioned the high from the last grow not being all that great, better genetics could help a lot with that, check out " New420guy.com" for seeds, I ordered my last batch from him, and was supper happy, his prices are really good as far as seeds go, and the folks on this site that have already harvested plants from his seeds can't seem to say enough good things about them!!

That amount of lime sounds like way to much for that fox farms soil. Fox farms in theory should already be at an ideal Ph( though I have seen soil tests on it, indicating a good deal of PH fluctuations between batches).

Molasses is AWESOME!! You can use it your whole grow if you want to, it helps feed the micro organisms in your soil, as well as providing micro nutrients, and bud swelling carbs for flowering, great stuff, as long as it's unsulphered, it will work great.

Best of luck with your grow! Tons o good advice on this forum, and the articles Nebula has posted, plenty of folks happy to help if ya need it.
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

The hydraulic fluid bucket is over ten years old and caught rain water from the gutters at My old house for over 6 yeas. Probably not leaching any things this point now but who knows. I also have the plant that made males last time in there, might end up having to throw that one out anyways. But here is anupdate on first grow. I have been opening the jar a couple of times a week for 2 months now. I had tried some before when harvested, but was unimpressed. Well after 2 months this grow has gotten much better. High is starting to get strong, taste still is lackingbut better than before. Pic of bud is first grow, plants are update pictures of 2nd grow taken 9/27.

Comment

Invest in some good seeds is about all I can tell you. It's worth it.

Comment

Well Short Grey is a dude. Tall Dark is showing to be female. This is pictures of the pre flowers and plants. We are now in week three of GoBox. Excited to flip the light over next week😁😁😁. Short Grey will be removed today😒😞😔.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hr250, Nice looking young plants, I agree, that looks like a male, but I'd still give it a couple of more days before you destroy it, it might just surprise you.
              A handful of Lime is always a good thing, with FFOF,
              Nice job, keep up the good work !!!

Well I have not posted an update in 2 weeks or so. Well here are week 5 's pics. Removed Short Grey for being a Male.

Comment

Here is pics of today. Starting week 6 of nutrient schedule. Already have buds forming.😁😁

Comment

Well tall dark has some issues. I think she is a he and a she. The weed I got the seeds from was not supposed to have seeds, but it did. With that said Hermies may run in the genetics. I'm not real sure though. I have found these big sac looking things on my plant. Some are still closed sacs but a few have opened and has a big white hair coming out check pics and tell me what you think. Fairly new to growing. I mean is this normal or not?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That’s a full on hermie you got here. Pollen sacks with pistils is as tranny as it gets. Get rid of it for sure

Only plant I have at the moment. Has about 5 more weeks to finish out. Think I could just keep plucking them off and see how it finishes? I have put a lot of work into this plant😔.

Comment

• Juicyj89
                  Juicyj89 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You could but you would be wasting even more time and effort. This is why they say just invest in seeds. Then you cut out the unnecessary guess work. My next grow will def be investing in seeds. I got lucky this time. But i was still playing Russian roulette with a double barrel. Lol but seriously, imo, you'd be better off starting over. Sorry for your loss..

If it's your only plant grow it out. Some of the best smoke comes from hernies.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
                  GreenhouseEffect commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do any of those things that your thinking are pollen sacks, have a stem? That is one way should be able to tell for sure that they are pollen sacks, and not swollen calyxes at the base of the bud. I get the swollen calyxes there all the time, but balls can also grow in that exact same spot, while the plant is making buds as well.
                  I would probly keep it if it were mine, as well.

Hear are some pictures of the plant which I got to Herm on purpose, with coloidall silver.( trying to make feminized seeds).
                The last pic is after I was done, and I started to re-vedge her. I am going to try to over winter, and see what happens after flowering her again, mostly cause I'm a curious S.O.B. ! ( her name is now Lola).
                Organic Soil,
                with molasses,
                In a Greenhouse with,
                Redneck engineering.

Comment

Well I have not posted in several weeks. This is due to a very busy schedule right now, sorry. I did not get any pictures in week 7, since most of my time was spent picking sacs off the plant. After a week or so I stopped seeing them. Smart things know where to grow to hide. Well either way here is some pics from Week 8.

Comment

Week 9 pics

Comment

• Colombo
                      Colombo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looks real nice !! Gota love bag seeds, once you know what to look for it's a slam dunk!!

Looking great

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X