Caterpillars and harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caterpillars and harvest

So I am having issues with caterpillars. I pull off 3-5 a day the last week and I knew it was bad but not like this. I sprayed with some local organic insect killer last week when I first saw and it did nothing. Do I cut my losses with this plant or harvest now and hope these things climb out and vacate the premises. or do I BTK these mothers and hold off a month? Poop everywhere.

Hahaha I posted at 420.... It's actually 920 in Southern California

Comment

Neem oil also works well its all trust nowadays
      Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

BT those mothers, and weight to harvest. Looks like you have a long ways to go till ripe. Look up the bud wash recipe off the articles on the GWE main site, if you need to get some poop out of there!
        Both BT and Spinosad are Biological controls, and as far as Know, should be ok to spray this late in flower? I don't think you want to spray Neem on your buds, I've heard it can negatively effect flavor, and is bad to smoke any residual oil. I have really been liking neem in vedge stage though, I water it into the soil, and pests seem to stay far away.
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed with Greenhouse here, oil will bind with your plants, remember cannabis is non water soluble and oil is used to extract and incorporate.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I agree with Mr.furley, and GreenhouseEffect, above.
          Looks like You sill got a month or so left before harvest, looks like bud rot in one of your pictures.
          I sure hope you get her healthy again before harvest, that's a nice looking plant,
          Those caterpillars come out mostly early in the morning or late evening, you can see the plants branches moving when a caterpillar is on it.
          Is there anyway you could get a picture of one of the caterpillars? ?
          GoodLuck

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          i concur too, BT is the way to go, it doesnt harm anything else. be careful the real danger of caterpillars is the poop, those black spots can promote bud rot

D.A.A.S.69 pulled about 10 off this evening. Just finished up for the night 2 hours out there. It's my baby my first plant really. I have helped hydro but never soil outdoor by myself so I'm tripping. Mr.furley thanks I will look it up before any bud rot starts. I have the Monterey coming tomorrow from amazon. Can you add it to the nutrients or just spray it?

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          I have only used it as a spare. Make sure you get top and underneath of the the plant.
          Good luck

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X