Cloning/Flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloning/Flowering

Hello. I apologize, this probably has been touched on in plenty of threads but I cannot find seen to find the answers I need. Ive got sort of a green thumb and have been growing cannabis for years but only 2-3 plants at a time. I've had a pretty good successful rate on yield and potency etc. I live pretty close to the city so that's why I don't do alot at one time. This year I had a rough time getting seedlings to thrive. (Seeds were a few years old, I was just trying to use them up) but I went ahead and used my Heavy Weight Fruitpunch that I was going to save until next year. Everything is going great. Mother plant is looking great. (Its outdoors in a pot) I decided to try cloning for the first time and it worked the first time. So I have the clone straight in the ground. I decided that I should do another clone. And the reason for the 3rd one is not to necessarily get buds out of it but to just keep some of it alive through winter so in spring timeI can clone it again and skip the seed process. And besides that, I really like this strain. But when I did it the 3rd time it was in the very early stages of flowering. Its been about a month and it did grow a small bud. But it pretty much hasn't done anything else. I have it indoors under a little light I got from menards. And its sitting in a foxfarm mix and being watered with collected rain water. Here within the last few days it's not looking real happy. I'll send a picture when I get home from work. My question is, to keep this one plant thriving and to put back in veg state and keep it there through winter... what do you recommend? Lights, wattage ,how many hours of light, feeding etc? I've also read mixed reviews about the bud on there. Some say pull it.. some say leave it. I just figured I would get professional help before I lose it. Thanks alot

Hi there killnkind Redwasp does some monstercropping. He can answer questions more thoroughly. But you need to have it in an appropriate container. If it's just one plant a 250w hid would sufice in a small area. You can keep it alive with more light, atleast 14 hours, but I would probably do 18 on 6 off. As for the bud it's not going to do anything if you're going to reveg it so clipping it off will help it focus on veg again. Good luck!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Yes when you reveg/monster crop any buds will die off. So is it the bud dying or the plant? Are the leaves fine? And if you want a mother plant I'd just use something like a 450watt led, 212 actual watts. It is enough for an awesome veg and great mother plant. An HID or MH 200 watts would be more than enough too. And yes I would run 18/6 light schedule. Now just realize it could get huge.

Comment

And I cant comment much more until I see the size pot and the size of the plant. You may have run out of nutrients in the soil. And if it set up a bud after you cloned it then it doesnt have enough hours of light. And it's not an auto is it?

Comment

Thanks everybody for taking the time and replying.. Redwasp, I will post a pic when I get home. She was looking great and reaching for the sky but the last couple days, just not looking happy. There was some yellowing along the edges of the leaves and I read that could mean not enough water or too much. I just been spraying the soil enough to get it a little damp. And no it's not an auto. The bud formed right after the rooting process (which I kept outside for the humidity while the others were in full flowering mode). So the light situation was wacked from the get go. yep i still have alot of learning to go but its also fun. I did find one pic on my phone that I will attach. It's not detailed, I will take a better one once I get out of work

Comment

Try reading the bonsai mother article here. It's not exactly what you are doing but it can give an idea of how to care for the plant in long term. Hope it helps you out, good luck
            Learn how to keep tiny cannabis plants so you can save genetics and get free clones forever! Based on the classic tutorial by OldTimer1.
            "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
            5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
            600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
            Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
            400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
            ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
            13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

I cant really tell from that photo but the soil does look dry. Hard to speak to that without being there. It needs the humidity and mist the first bit but then does need moisture deep into the soil but not so much it doesn't dry in 3 or so days. You said a month? Did I read that right? Should have some decent roots by now. So would need moisture into the soil as deep as the roots that drys over about 3 days.

If I said something wrong here someone correct me. I'm better at doing than teaching.

Comment

Yes a month. It had nice roots when I did put it in soil. It looks a little worse today but I just gave it more water than I have been. I have a 60w grow bulb handy And I just put it under it. I'll run to menards and buy a bigger one in a bit. Ive never grown indoors period. I guess if I was starting from scratch it would of been a little easier

Comment

... it does look thirsty wouldn't you say

Comment

I think first your plant's want water the drooping and yellowing are indications of organic matter wasting from lack of hydration. And secondly I reveg from time to time, this particular strain im growing now I revegged twice via monster crop clone. I'll say this, each strain is more or less in tune with the process of revegging and expresses it differently in most strains. Some strains are more keen on it and thrive bushing into monsters in no time, others struggle to get back into the vegetative cycle and it can cause nutrient lock out, deficiencies that follow, and awkward growth or lack thereof. She may be stubborn but TLC and a little time she'll be making leaps and bounds, hood luck I hope I helped in any way, refer to GWE website for more info. Its all straight forward and will be your secret sauce soon, happy growing friend!
                    Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

Thanks alot for all the help.. makes me feel better. One last question, you think I should stick with the phbalanced rain water or give it a little of something else

Comment

I would byy calmag and supplement distilled or reverse osmosis water, rain water can carry pathogens and pests, i know of a few members who use rainwater specifically but to me its more trouble than what its worth.
                        Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

Hey guys. Just an update on my situation. The clone is still thriving. Grew a hair taller and the leaves look a little crazy since I was trying to revert it back, but it seems to be back in flowering mode. Any ideas? I included pics. My light cycle has been 16-8

Comment

Er 18-6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X