want opinions. should i flip my scrog now or how long should i wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

want opinions. should i flip my scrog now or how long should i wait

pretty explanatory title. i kinda feel its time to flip but this is only my second try at scrog so i wanna know what other people that uses this technique think. last round i didnt filled the net as i should have and i was left with very few colas. i did what i could to level the canopy of this 3 plants pasically 2 phenos (two of them look the same) so theyre all the same age and treated the same but the one on the right is the winner, im gonna take some clones before fliping
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2949.JPG
Views:	392
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	249780Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2941.JPG
Views:	314
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	249781Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2944.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	249783Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2934.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	249784Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2935.JPG
Views:	369
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	249782

Looks great - fabulous job! Not a scrogger - but - how much do you think they will stretch after flipping? How much vertical room do you have?

I say you wait a week - take your clones, give her a few days to recover and then change the lights.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      im actually not gonna run out of height i sould raise the light almost 3 ft, and i have a second net i can put on top with 5 inches extensions so thats not an issue, i just dont want them to start growing up before the net is "filled" so if i wait a week or two i will keep tucking and training

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      but thats an excellent advice, i wasnt thinking about the stress from taking clones (:

I'm not a scrogger ether, but in my head I have seen my future self and me in detail doing it.
    In the future I would weave for a bit horizontal till mostly ful and to grow somemore nodes, then flip and fill in the little space left for the first two weeks of the stretch. I would want some vertical stretch in my future scrog for bud size.
    9', it works out perfectly in my head but I can't give you real life experience in the matter and you can't see in my head, or can you????.
    good luck and I'm stubbed.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

just a bump up to get more opinions. where are the scrogers at?

Comment

I'm kinda with MrFurley on this. You typically want an 8 week veg with a scrog. How long have you been in veg? As long as you keep tucking the stretch will be limited by what you're tucking in ime. The more growth tips you expose the more budsites will flourish. Just by looking at photos, if they were mine I'd probably wait 2 weeks. They look great btw, good luck.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

thanks guys, those plants are easily 60+ days from seed, i cant remember the exact date but in a week time (sept 25th) its the 60th day from the day i transplanted from solo cups to one quarts, definitely must have already at least 10 days of life so thats that.

the two on the left are very slow growing short plants, didnt like to be topped and fought back several times. i already took clones ONLY from the plant on the right, great structure, lots of branching, dark healthy leaves, etc... i want to give them at least a week but im worried the plant on the right outgrowing the two on the left, the right doesnt have much space to tuck down colas and the other two do, i try to maintain a leveled canopy so idk. i guess well see. if i dont see the other plants growing in a few days ill flip, i only care about the plant on the right

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            btw ill create a topic once i flip to flower and the excitement begins, its painfully slow to watch the first 8 weeks of any grow so i wont update much here either. again thanks for weighting in (:

For what it's worth, I would wait too. I haven't used a screen since last year but i kinda miss it
          "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
          5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
          600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
          Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
          400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
          ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
          13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X