Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy accident or terrible mistake? First grow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy accident or terrible mistake? First grow.

Hi! First time grower here. I did the nugbuckets mainlining method and I might have gotten mixed up. I’ve been clipping every “sucker” from the main branches so in the end I’d supposedly have seven (meant for eight but I messed up) huge colas. She sprouted the middle of April and is now almost seven feet tall. I stopped clipping the new growth and now there’s little sprouts with fuzzy tops, are those the flowers starting? I’m so confused, thanks for any help you can offer!

Yes, the fuzzy tops are the flowers. Nice and healthy looking plants. Great Job.

Comment

A+

You’ve done quite well in veg for your first grow, those are the beginning flowers, they will grow out a bit then nothing for a while and then bulk up into the buds we love. If they don’t get any pollen, if they do some energy will be diverted to making a seed there.
      Grow and good luck
      Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

Nice looking plant! Good job! What do you mean when you refer to a 'sucker'?
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• furrysparkle
          furrysparkle commented
          Editing a comment
          When shaping a 2 stage plant like cannabis before you switch you want to remove any suckers that will pull nutrients and energy away from where you want it to grow. Usually growers will lollipop the bottom third of their plants of all growth tips.
          This all depends on your light source and how much penetration you get

Originally posted by HL2200 View Post
        Hi! First time grower here. I did the nugbuckets mainlining method and I might have gotten mixed up. I’ve been clipping every “sucker” from the main branches so in the end I’d supposedly have seven (meant for eight but I messed up) huge colas. She sprouted the middle of April and is now almost seven feet tall. I stopped clipping the new growth and now there’s little sprouts with fuzzy tops, are those the flowers starting? I’m so confused, thanks for any help you can offer!
        Those plants are looking fuckin great. You certainly picked the right user name you are a Green Thumb. Where are you located? Must be a fantastic growing climate.

Comment

Sucker = the new sprouts that grow in the “y” of the plant stems, if that makes sense. I usually grow tomatoes and I clip the suckers off so they don’t use the energy on a weaker branch. Guess mj isn’t the same.

I am growing outside in the upper midwest, think that’s a 10 gallon bucket from a tree we got a few years ago. Lots of regular Miracle Grow until now and from here on out I’ll use Miracle Grow Bloom. Honestly I didn’t think it would amount to much so I didn’t want to invest mucho $$ into fancy fertilizer, but now that I’m capable of it I’ll invest in the good stuff for the next growing season.

Thanks for the compliments and encouragement! Cheers!

Comment

• furrysparkle
            furrysparkle commented
            Editing a comment
            Ack miracle gro! Feeding the Monsanto monster! Plus the long lasting nutrients overpower the plant in flower with too much nitrogen

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah - I saw that too.

Canuck147, Here’s what I consider suckers, although that’s not the right name. I’ve been clipping each one off this whole summer and that’s what I think I may have messed up on. Now that I’ve stopped it’s getting the little fluffy tips that maybe would have been there all along. God, I’m not gonna harvest her until the first frost!

Comment

• furrysparkle
            furrysparkle commented
            Editing a comment
            Canuck147 don’t freak out he was shaping his plant those are the growth tips(new stems/leaves/tips) however I do believe you hampered yourself growing outdoors the plant grows very productively naturally because of humankind’s heavy hand in its genetics

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not freaking out - quite content with my 90 day autos.

• Smokesteve
            Smokesteve commented
            Editing a comment
            Canuck147 damn I'm jealous!

Yup, just read from Nebula I’ve been cutting off growth tips. Fuck. No wonder it’s taking FOREVEERRRR! Maybe I’ll have monster buds? One can hope 😂 Won’t make that mistake next summer!

Comment

you're running out of time outdoors no?

Comment

Yes, I’m worried now. We have maybe six weeks until frost, I’ll just have to move it inside somehow overnight. Fuck, I knew I messed up 😔

Comment

• braincrash
                braincrash commented
                Editing a comment
                If you can't move the plants, you can just cover them at night to protect from the frost (as long as the nighttime temps is above freezing).

Well, ya, you shouldn't have done that, but don't fret too hard, you should still get a crop with the bud sites growing at the tops of those branches, and they probably will be really nice.
              If you need to protect it from frost, you could always build a make shift greenhouse over it. The easiest way is to set the plant on a soft patch of earth, hammer in 4 rebar stakes around it( set a several feet out at least), and then take 2 pieces of gray plastic conduit, stick one end of each over a piece of rebar, then bend the sucker, and stick it over the rebar stake on the other side, forming two hoops, that criss cross. You can tie, duct tape, whatever, the two hoops together, where they cross in the middle. Though not as good as greenhouse plastic, a piece of 4 or 6 mill clear plastic from the hardware store, can be what you cover the frame with. Lay some rocks or boards on top of the edges to hold the plastic down. Also possible to ad a small electric heater at night, if you need to.
              Organic Soil,
              with molasses,
              In a Greenhouse with,
              Redneck engineering.

Comment

I am in the midwest. I think you'll be fine, we are due for a warm oct. I bet we get maybe two frosts before the November. Hopefully I'm right 😂 I agree with GreenhouseEffect just cover them some how outside, the ground will still be warm enough to keep tent warm overnight..........if you're a packer fan though, our relationship ends here 😉😋
                "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
                5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
                600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
                Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
                400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
                ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
                13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• HL2200
                  HL2200 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Aw shoot, I am a Packer fan!! Maybe we can put aside our differences for the greater good. 😂😘

• RosettaStoned
                  RosettaStoned commented
                  Editing a comment
                  😅 we can

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X