Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meds, like no other meds..

Howdy people!

Today I will touch a topic that is more and more relevant these days, as our medical institutions become more and more owned by the pharmaceutical industry, always trying to push more pills on us, all with bad side effects, then they give you pills for the side effects, each one more addictive than the other.
    In the end all these chemicals and combos transform your body's chemical setup so that you never get really l well, ever again….
    … it sounds really cynical, doesn't it?
    I am clearly exaggerating, ain't I?
    I am sad to announce that I'm not.. I have experienced this first hand, I have a sickly wife, with quite a number of physical(Epilepsy, and psychological (bi-polarity, depressions, etc.)medical issues, a couple of years ago she was obliged to eat 11 different meds each day!
    When I met her, about 15 years ago she had less meds and also less illnesses.
    But I have witnessed first hand how the doctors freneticly try and make all these different chemical compounds work together to create the ultimate pill… But since the doctors have been fooled and lied to by the pharmaceutical industry, it is doomed to fail.

The doctors aren't an evil crowd, as it may sound. No, I believe every doctor becomes a doctor with the intention to help people with their diseases and symptoms. The problem is that the medical schools are, and have always been, owned by the same forces that own the pharmaceutical industry!

The pharmaceutical industry though, is an evil crowd!
    I don't believe that anyone, except for the owners, working at these companies are bad people, they just do their job.
    But when you think about how the companies don't produce any cures anymore; I don't think anyone has made a medicin ment to cure a disease since they invented penicillin back in the 30’s, and I think it says it all about this industry (is it really a coincidence the got a snake in their logotype).

(examples:
    when valium was marketed back in the 50’s it was given to just about anyone in limitless amount since the risk of addiction was “next to none”.

Oxycodon
    Was first invented during the first World War, by Germany, but it wasn't until the mid 90-s
    it was released on the market. It was still marketed as the ultimate opioid, with all the pain relieving of morphine but without any real addictive properties. It was soon discovered to be just as addicting as heroine (was even called “hillbilly heroine”) and soon took over the black market.

This soon took oxycodon pills
    “and its manufacturers into the public eye, as Purdue Pharma was ordered to pay fines as a result of those lawsuits. In May 2007, the fines were because of aggressive marketing practices. The company was promoting the drug everywhere it could, including beach hats and pedometers, and it was also encouraging people to take the drug more frequently than the recommended twice a day.”(https://www.treatmentsolutions.com/t...-of-oxycontin/).)

A couple of years ago I got hold of a book about “Cannabinoids, Terpenes and Terpenoids” which very much explained how different Cannabinoids interact with the cells in your body.

With this in mind, I started experimenting with various cannabis strains and extraction techniques and concentrates, to help the Mrs in first hand, but later it helped me too.

I found a strain, and a way of extraction technique which effictively helped her with both the Epilepsy and helped more than anything before for her psychological issues!
    The strain was Bluberry Kush - auto, and extracted into butter, using the same weedbutter recipe as Nebula presents here at GWE.

This medicine effictively substitutes for 4 different pills, in total 8 pills a day less! And, she feels better and more vigorous than ever before!

Trough the same trial and error I try to find a med. to help me with my back (muscle cramps and pains) but I'm still searching, I have found that honey oil, made of Jack Herer, helps loosen up the muscle cramps, but the pain remains.

I still believe that the sacred herb can cure just about anything!

Take care you all, may all you buds grow big, tight and dank!
    Best regards, BC

Marijuana is no drug, it's a human right!

On your pain, you may need to try a stronger form, eg: smoking/vaping, or tinctures. With both of those you can up the concentration to your pain level
    Grow and good luck
    Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

So happy to hear about the success with your wifes health issues, and hoping you find a strain, or like Furrysparkle say's, a different method could also help a lot!!
      I couldn't agree with you more about big Pharma. I am one of those people that tends to always experience the side effects, especially the ones they claim to be rare. Several years ago, I was trying to recover from a string of Traumatic Brain injury's. I was taking an anti depresent( that I can't seem to get off of years later, cause of the withdrawall) and a headache medicine. The headache medicine wasn't quite doing it, so my doctor gave me an anti seizure med, that is also used to treat headaches. Well, I eventually figured out which side effect would hit me.
      I started to fantisize about killing myself. I was already depressed, and it just pushed my weird brain chemistry over the line. I was going to take a one way walk into a train tunnel.
      Then it hit me, what was going through my mind, and what a messed up thing I was thinking about, like standing next to a big cliff, and going "Woh!" and taking a step back. I read through the fine print on the bottle, and yes, suicidal fantasees were a side affect, carried that bottle over to the trash and tossed it in.
      My girlfriend asked me that nite why I wasn't taking my new meds, and I had to tell her. She made me tell my doctor to, which was good.

I know someone who is really messed up fom depression, always give him some kind words when I see him. A number of years ago, his daughter had been taking the exact same drug, she was a teenager, and made a suicide pack with her friend, and they both commited suicide on the same day.

Agree with you one hundred percent on the drug companies. Take care brother, and be well, there is so much livin for in life! I still get goose bumps thinking about it.
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
        GreenhouseEffect commented
        Editing a comment
        Depacote was the name of the anti seizure drug, and Venlaphaxine is the anti depresent/ anti anxiety drug that I still take. Trying to ween myself off of it, and I plant to start upping CBD's to replace it, but the withdrawal is really bad, and makes you feel as if your going to die( though you won't), super misserable when I forget to take the C$#@.

When I first started to feel myself really getting over the cuncussions, I had done something that I had not done in years, I smoked a little bit of weed. It is the one thing that I have found that will compeletley stop symptoms from over doing it. I am pretty much fine now, though.

• braincrash
        braincrash commented
        Editing a comment
        Bare in mind when you search for the right strain, that if you find a strain that's almost doing the job, but you wish for a slightly higher CBD and CBN content, look if the same strain has an Auto-variety. That's what I did with the Blueberry Kush.
        The Mrs also was given a new "wonderdrug" some years ago, said to help with pain, depression and Epilepsy. The drug made her completely mind altered, like she was on LSD or pcp!
        The doctor said it was her head that was the problem and continued pushing this medicine on her until I put a stop to it after almost 2 weeks. A day after stop taking the pills she was back to her normal self! The substance was Pregabalin, marketed under the brand name Lyrical. I hear this drug is widely used nowadays...

Originally posted by furrysparkle View Post
      On your pain, you may need to try a stronger form, eg: smoking/vaping, or tinctures. With both of those you can up the concentration to your pain level
      Yes, I do this. I made honey oil from some Jack Herer buds, and it helps my muscle spasms, but not so much the pain..
      B4 I had oil made from Northern Skunk, which helped somewhat with the pain but not the cramps. I rather lose the cramps but I would really like to stop eating my pain killers as one of the side effects are "muscle spasms".. You see the problem.

Comment

• furrysparkle
        furrysparkle commented
        Editing a comment
        Honey is a great sweetener, however it doesn’t bind THC fully so you may want to switch to a full oil like coconut.

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        We use the hell out of CBD honey. You mix it in after. Well at least we do. You do not use it to extract. My wife does all the cooking and we have the best cookies this side of the MS river. But for cookies we use canabutter. The CBD honey we use in and on most everything else.

• RosettaStoned
        RosettaStoned commented
        Editing a comment
        I do believe he is saying he made the type of oil called honey. Not using honey to make oil.

Be careful with those pain pills. I swear you never ever get over long term use of them. You need to try to find another way out of pain. And Lyrica is now bought and sold on the street to get fucked up. As is Gabapentin. Both meant to be non addictive pain relieving (nerve pain) drugs. Both will cause severe withdrawal.

Comment

• lalaland
        lalaland commented
        Editing a comment
        Lyrica is horrible stuff. Was prescribed it, along with dilaudid and tramacet for chronic pain due to scoliosis and degenerated discs. It made me crazy as well. Seriously, not even resembling myself.
        Off all pharma meds I had been addicted to for almost 20 years, and grow my own medicine.
        The withdrawal period was absolute hell, and lasted for 6 weeks acutely, followed by another 6 months of less acute symptoms. Meaning I stopped shitting myself in those 6 months, and the tremors and nausea slowly eased off, and I was able to sleep again.
        Glad to hear you found something that works for your wife!
        Wish both of you the best of health !

Also try juicing fresh leaves. You can get a much larger dose that way, but it won't have the phsycoactive affects( though you can still add that in other ways, if you like). When you juice, you are getting the THC acid, and CBD acid, and you can take way more, and potentially do way more good. My Dad does this to help with his arthritis, and a bunch of other problems he has, from a hard life, he says it really helps. I have heard of other folks doing this with more success than other methods.
      One thing you may NOT want to do with juicing though, is to add coconut to Cannabis leaves, it seems to decarbralize it chemically, and it is said to get you high as a mofo for HOURS! ( well, maybe you do, Lol!) Also, large quantity's of B vitamins may do the same thing.
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

BTW. Sorry everyone for my spelling and grammar mistakes, I am from Sweden and English is just my second language.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
          GreenhouseEffect commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, you seem to do a pretty darn good job, better than some of us that got English as a first language!
          I tend to use a whole lot of Grama's easy Grammer.

InHowdy people.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience. And I hope you have already found a proper strain that helps. When my doctor prescribed Oxycodone, I read about it on Canadian Pharmacy (I always use this site for this purpose) and decided to look for the alternative way of treatment. Finally I tried weed and it worked. So, I do believe in the power of cbd products.

Comment

I Would prefer to see studies done with more than a handful of people before making any decision (especially with cbd). I was all in on cbd and it's calming/focusing effects. After a couple of months though, the effects would be good initially. But after maybe 6 hours I would be very irritable and have a short temper ( I got a headache when I consumed a bit too much. I no longer get them.) I just stopped totally and move to lozenges obviously it boosts immunity it looks extremely promising.
            Last edited by KarrieElizondo; 06-28-2021, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by furrysparkle View Post
              I agree! It is a matter of finding the right concentration for your case. I like CBD a lot, and it helps me well with my pain, but I also like some meds from Canadian pharmacy, for example. Have a look there too, maybe you will find something interesting to you there, good luck!
              Last edited by poeras; 03-31-2021, 02:00 AM.

Comment

It's not just pharmaceutical corps: every corporation that works to stock the kinds of foods sold in grocery stores and fast food restaurants and many other restaurants are just as responsible for killing off Americans at incredible rates with our current epidemic of diabetes, heart disease, etc. The food most folks eat in this country is poisoning them and they don't even know it, nor do the doctors know jack shit about nutrition.
                Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Man if this pandemic did'nt show folks how to be more self seficiant nothing will confince them. But inner city/big cities grew families on fast food. Nothing but grease, fats, salts. We try and teach our family by example but you can only lead them to better eating habits, can't force them.........i got a grand daughter 13 now eats nothing but shit and occational water lettuce salad. Parents.............

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X