No announcement yet.

Teddy's 1st auto grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today marks week 6 for the OG Kush. Shes looking really good. Still stretching a little but slowing down for sure. Watering has gone up to a full gallon without runoff, I'm doubting it'll go much high volume wise but I might have to water more frequently. Watered her yesterday and she definitely let me know it was a day to soon. Droopy, waterlogged leaves less than an hour after. 3-4 hours after that though there was only 1 droopy leaf and the rest had revovered.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20181031_105214.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	263089

It is Day 9 for the Lemon OG Haze. Saw a couple gnats as soon as I opened the tent which blows my mind cuz this plant gets very little water not very often. I did have a center hole dug in the sand around the plant so I've filled that in.Click image for larger version

Name:	20181031_102931.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	263088
    Tried something new with the pics, let me know how they turned out detail wise. I've uploaded some more, plus those same one just in case.

Nartak I've been thinking about what you said, and actually put it on paper and I think i will have to start 1 every 3 weeks in order to utilize all my space. Not that this upsets me by any means lol

Comment

On a side note, I've noticed some of leaves stems are turning purple but only on the upper side towards the light. I dont see any deficiencies anywhere on the plant. Thoughts?

Name:	20181031_110305.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	986.3 KB
ID:	263094Click image for larger version

Name:	20181031_110314.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	263095Click image for larger version

Name:	20181031_110334.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	828.1 KB
ID:	263096

Comment

Suntan 😁. Its only on the exposed surfaces?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          BurningTeddy, cooler temps sometimes do that, anyway, about half of the plants I grow, show purple stems, from time to time, you ain't got nothing to worry about though, your look nice an healthy.

• BurningTeddy
          BurningTeddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, it's only on some of the bigger fan leaves that have direct light exposure to the stem.

I've seen a couple Nirvana OGs purple out towards the end of flower, kinda hoping for that here.

• LurkingInTheGrass
          LurkingInTheGrass commented
          Editing a comment
          Nebula has an article about colorful buds

How can you grow colorful buds that turn purple or pink? Learn which strains to get, as well as what you can do to maximize color during your grow.

I grew a purple kush, that turned with orange pistils ànd purple calyxs. When dried the buds were almost black

As D.A.A.S.69 mentioned, cooler dark temps during flower can help bring out the plants colors

Some plants have naturally purple stems. If you start showing some other signs like brown spots, the leaves turning lime green or yellow, etc etc it is probably a phosphorus deficiency. But atm they look very healthy. Just make sure you are giving them the proper nutrients and dont worry about it.

Comment

• BurningTeddy
          BurningTeddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

Fingers crossed for it to be genetic lol

Not to much to update.

Day 47 for the OG Kush, stretch seems to be over and shes shooting pistils out everywhere. Cant wait for her to start budding out. Did a decent trim to open up the lower bud sites and cleared almost all of the undergrowth that wasn't getting any light. Still drinking about a gallon every 3-4 days. Click image for larger version  Name:	20181105_075752.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.07 MB ID:	264906

Day 14 for the Lemon OG Haze. Pushing out her fifth node right now. I'm debating on topping this one or not, leaning more towards yes. Shes growing pretty strong and is not unhealthy in any way. By tomorrow she'll have that fifth node fully out.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20181105_080037.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.86 MB ID:	264907

Comment

• Nartak
          Nartak commented
          Editing a comment
          Swell!! Lovely girl Ted!

Looks real good Teddy - looks like she wants to grow vertically now.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Lemon OG got the top today.

Before

Name:	20181106_110044.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	265224

After

Name:	20181106_110115.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	265225

Is there anything I should do to dress the wound I just made?

Comment

• BurningTeddy
            BurningTeddy commented
            Editing a comment
            Her color is amazing. Those cfls are really doing their thing.

Definitely for the bugs. I found that the whole bag of roots organic I got online was fungas gnat infested so i hit it with a peroxide/water mixture and topped with sand right away to just nip it in the ass. Doesnt make it hard to water, just have to water a little slower. It does make a great backdrop also, side benefit lol.

• SinsemillaScientist
            SinsemillaScientist commented
            Editing a comment
            And one might add extra silica benefits from it as well!

Rearranged the cfls now that she's getting a little bigger. Hot glue and a repurposed plant stake. Temps are staying 75-82°F and RH 45% for the seedling tent. Same temps for the big tent but around 20-26%RH

Looking like shes recovering well from the topping.

OGK was super thirsty this morning so she got a gallon of water. LOGH got about 1/3 of a gallon.

Comment

Looks fabulous Teddy. That fourth pic - you have a few bud sites with them big ole fan leaves hovering above. Snip, snip and you will gain immediate results with more shoots shooting up - I bet. Just my opinion.
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• BurningTeddy
              BurningTeddy commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Canuck!

I feel like I'm trimming leaves daily and haven't wanted to over due it. Normally her leaves aren't droopy but she was thirsty. I stand above her everyday from the inside of the tent and try and make sure all the bud sites I see are getting direct light by tucking leaves and snipped leaf here or there.

Sounds like shes getting the clippers again tonight though.

Update time!

Day 54 for the OGK. Stretch is definitive over and now she's starting to bulk up. Tried seeing if she needed more than 1 gallon of water so I watered 1.25 gallons and got way to much runoff. 1 gallon it stays I guess. 4 days between waterings. Starting her trichome production.Click image for larger version

Name:	20181112_103101.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	266940

Lemon OG Haze Day 21. Shes responded very well to the topping. I've started LST today. Watered about 1/3 of the gallon same time as the OGK. She's also been moved to the big tent.

Name:	20181112_103418.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	266941

Started germanation on a White Widow seed Saturday. Placed in a moist paper towel and set on top of my filter in the big tent.

Name:	20181112_103854.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	266942

Everything's going pretty smoothly. Have an order of SoHum soil arriving Friday that the WW will be grown in. Soon as I have the $ I'll be doing a side by side with the Kind Soil and the SoHum Soil to see which I prefer.

Happy Growing all!

Comment

Looks good bro

Comment

Noticed some yellowing on OGKs leaves today. Just going to monitor for now. If it continues to spread or get worse I think I'll hit it with a shot of half strength nutes next watering. Only change that's been made is the RH has come up to 35% from 20%.

Hasn't hit the whole plant. Just these 2 branches in the middle. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181113_092403.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	267148

Comment

Are you using any type of calcium/magnesium additive?
                  Mars Hydro
                  Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• BurningTeddy
                    BurningTeddy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nothing but water so far with the Kind Soil. Think it needs a CalMag shot?

• Canuck147
                    Canuck147 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think it should have CaliMagic every time you feed. It will make the color a deeper green.

• BurningTeddy
                    BurningTeddy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hadn't really thought about adding anything prior, or thought about the Kind Soil not having one thing or another.

Next waterings in 2 days and I've got a bottle in the closet, she'll get some then. Thanks Canuck.

If this White Widow grows anything like it germinated I'll have my hands full lol. Trying something different with the sprout since my order of soil isnt here yet. Could also be delayed longer because of the Cali fires so who knows when, have some roots organic as backup in case.

2 days in moist paper towel. Planted in starter pod yesterday. Already out and about this morning.

Name:	20181114_091006.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	267422
                  Conditions are around 80°F and 90%RH inside the lid.

Comment

They like high P. Just as a note

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X