First grow failed. Set up help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow failed. Set up help.

First grow in a 3'x3'x5' grow tent, soil,. clone plants. 300w Led. First grow has been a bust. My lights are too low so I have light burn. Now I'm battling spider mites. I've tried, spraying them, Azamax. the bleach/water spray. DiatomaceousEarth I'm about to harvest and I thought I'd try Dr Doom. wait a few days harvest and do a bud wash. I'm not sure I want to smoke it but I was thinking butter. Thoughts anyone? Also, I'm thinking of going with a 3x3x 72" or even 80" tall tent for next time. My ceiling is 88".I'm not sure how much clearance I need from tent top to ceiling. Also I will add another 300w light (LED Visparspectrum) Would it be best to just buy a 600w and use just the one?. I'd like to see about 6 oz. total. Is that possible for this size and how many plants can I fit. I now have 2 in the 3x3 seems like I could maybe fit another. Any comments, suggestions are very much appreciated.

Welcome Yofie you'll get lots of help on this forum. What you are setting up is exactly what I've been using for 2 years now.

To start with your tent will have enough clearance - even if you're venting from the top of the tent with a six inch hose, should be enough room.

Your clone brought in the mites. Buy bagged soil - fabric pots - and most important quality genetic seeds. You want buds buds and more buds them use Foliar Essence - spray it on every five days - you'll be surprised what it does during your whole grow.

I only grow autoflowers - 4 plants in 3 gallon pots fill it nicely. I'll post a pic I took earlier today for you.

Buy two separate lights - if you have a couple slow pokes or shortys then you can adjust to have one light a bit lower.

Don't use soil with time released nutrients.

Have your fabric pots on risers so all the roots can air prune themselves.

Most autoflowers I grow go from seed to harvest in 90 days.

Good luck growing - and buy good quality seeds
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Yofie
      Yofie commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you so much. what is your average yield? With the two 300w lights do you keep them 12"-18" from plant or 18-24?

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Start at 24 inches and down to 16-18 after the pistils start shooting up - usually within 30 odd days pistils start.
      Average yield so far this year is about 100 grams per plant.

Hey yofie I'm with Canuck on this one..I aswell have the same set-up he pretty well covered everything including foiliar spray except I haven't tried auto I prefer photos I'll eventually will try autos.lots of help here

Comment

• Yofie
      Yofie commented
      Editing a comment
      ty for commenting. I think I'm going to try the auto seeds next time. I'm really learning a lot here.

Here's a couple of group photos - one in the tent the other outside where I do all my feedings Click image for larger version

Name:	20180915_100523.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	249015Click image for larger version

Name:	20180915_104419.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	249016
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Yofie
      Yofie commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh nice! I feel I can smell them from here. ty for the picture of your beauties

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your welcome - ask away.

So Canuck you have indoor and outdoor.

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      No - just take them outside for watering or foliar feeding. Easier.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X