Help / ph problem or nutrient ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help / ph problem or nutrient ?

Where do I start , about a month into flowering critical kush, veg stage was strong used fox farm nutes, soil bag says natural and organic no added fert but doesn't list any ratios. Ecoscraps is the name

I started to ph my tap water and it's 7.3 by itself , when I add nutes it'll drop to mid 5s then I would add ph up to get it too the 6.5 range. But run off ph would be in the 5s ?

Been using fox farms tiger bloom and big bloom since flower so I'm thinking ph shock ? Or maybe not enough of a certain nutrient?

the rest of the plant looks good it's just a few of the lower leaves yellowing and falling off easily.

here is a picture.

any help would be awesome and this is a great site ! Learned lots already!

Do you have a picture of the whole plant?
    most likely it's just the natural course of the plant but you're going to want to fix that pH. You do lose some lower leaves during your flowering period Although it's usually just a little later.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Comment

Also another question if my run off ph is lower than 6 when I add water that is a ph between 6.2 to 6.8 should I raise the ph higher like to 7 ?

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't like using up, but if your starting water isn't chlorinated you shouldn't have to adjust it down its a nuetral ph. Sounds like your nutrient solution may be a little strong. Do you have a tds meter? You should always check tds of nutrient solutions. You can probably avoid up altogether if you dilute your solution with your starting water. It will raise ph without having to add up. But if ph is dipping in the 5s you should aim your inflow ph in high 6s your starting water would be fine and bring it back up. Just make sure you let it set out for 24hours so chlorine evaporates off if your water comes from a treatment facility.

Very nice looking plant you're doing a great job. get your pH and check and I don't think you have anything to worry about, they will naturally drop leaves off when they start losing light down low. wouldn't hurt to add some calmag though.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Still having some kinda issue with rust spots on leaves / weird yellowing under where the fingers wasn't spread out , still the same potting mix and lights as before and strain. Can't really tell if it's a deficiency.

top of leaf stem is purple while underneath is green.

so confused because I'm using a ph meter keeping it between 6.2 and 6.8 .

my only guess is lack of good drainage cuz I didn't add perlite to the potting mix.

How important is increasing the ppm/ec during the grow ?

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Your PPM/Ec will fluctuate through your grow depending on your stage and what you are using, how close is your plant to the target harvest date? It must be getting close.

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you using cal-Mag ?

D.A.A.S.69 idn't really keep track of dates of when I popped them or switched light cycle , got some more seeds coming and gonna be more detailed , an hopefully easier with coco. Mr.furley

using cal mag and using a ph meter even re calibrated it a couple days ago

I'm thinking nutrient lock up because of poor drainage , I guess I'll find out when I try the new seeds in the coco/perlite

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Pictures of the plant and setup in its current state would help, a couple messed up looking leaf doesn't always mean a big problem.
            If you are having slow/poor drainage issues and it is a real big problem, you can poke a half dozen holes from top to bottom of the soil with a stick to help.
            I think your plant is just getting close to being done.

Hmm. Using a organic potting soil didn't add perlite , 7 gal platic pots , using the fox farm trio nutrients and cal mag and molasses , cut off nitrogen weeks ago , watering about once every 5 to 6 days ph between 6 and 7 using a vipar spectra vt300, 135 watt actuall draw , and a mezhie 600 277 watt draw ( from what the books say ) lights are 22 inches above tops , 2 fans to move air , 1 dehumidifier to keep the room at 50 % .

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X