Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How strong of a smell does the cannabis plant do while flowering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How strong of a smell does the cannabis plant do while flowering?

Hi! Beginner grower here, my plants are in their seedling stage so I don't have to worry about the smell as of now. But when it starts to flower, how strong does of a smell does the plant give off? How far does it go? Will do through doors? Will it reach the next room? I'm really worried because I'm growing my meds in my bedroom inside my family's house; my parent's doesn't about this, and I'm not planning to tell them

I'm using a cheap car ac carbon filter (I'll attach an image) and a 25w ceiling exhaust fan (I'm not sure about the wattage). Will the smell burst through the filter? Or maybe at least minimize it where it's not that distinguishable. By the way I sometimes burn some incense or smudge with white sage so maybe I can blame the smell to them

Like a skunk fart on a calm day.
    Your neighbors will smell it. you're going to need a carbon filter unless your neighbors are miles away.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

If I place a carbon filter that'll need a high wattage exhaust fan, right? And those type of exhaust fan makes a lot of noise, I'm keeping it extremely discreet. And I'm quite in a budget here

Comment

What can my alternatives be? Any opinions? Maybe double my present filter or something?

Comment

Put a fan out the window on exaust. Some strains don’t smell as much as outhers. .02$

Comment

As long as you're running enough for negative air pressure in their enclosure you will be pulling air in not letting it out and Potted is right vent it out the window

Comment

Sadly, but my window leads to our family kitchen maybe I can leave my bathroom's exhaust fan on too? So that the smell will not get stuck in my bedroom.

I didn't expect the smell's going to be a problem, until now. I'm growing 2 Royal Dwarf Autos, do they smell?

Comment

• RosettaStoned
                RosettaStoned commented
                Editing a comment
                Well Shane, sounds like maybe you should reconsider doing this in THEIR house. If a bag of dried bud can stink up a room/house, imagine what a couple plants will do. I doubt a bath fan will pull enough air to remove the smell enough from your room.
                Have you considered what would happen if you got caught, not by your parents? Assuming it's not legal where you live, the outcome will not be good.
                I have zero problem with anyone growing, but to do it without others knowing the repercussions. Not good a idea

• Crow
                Crow commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes - the smell will be a problem, as well as expecting that no one will notice that the bathroom fan is running weeks on end. Venting outside will let the whole neighborhood know what you are doing too. The average growth takes 3-5months with maybe all except the 1st month having varying degrees of fragrance.

All in secret? You won't make it ...

Crow

In my honest opinion Shane growing legally or illegally in a house with unknowing innocent people is not cool.
              if the smell is hidden and you do hide the noise there is no hiding the power bill, let alone the ramifications that can come to people who don't even know what's going on.
              good luck.

Comment

Some strains like Blue Mystic hardly smell at all..Just DON"T GROW ANY CHEESE strains!! LMAO

Comment

Ok how much can they smell? Well let's just say without massive precautions your neighbors will know. The mailman will know. The block may even know. There is no way to grow in your room without the family knowing. They will find out. They would probably find out if you had a shed on the back 40. So I hate to say it but I think it's time to stop or move out.

Comment

Not cool dude. If the narcs come busting through your door. Your parents will be arrested as well as you. You want to do that to your parents over a fucking pot plant? That sucks dude.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
                      RosettaStoned commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ppffff kids, no respect

I'll think about it thoroughly, thanks guys!

Comment

I devoted a lot of time and effort to avoid any smell escaping, this is what I come up with. Run exaust to attic, and I have a whole house fan that takes smell away 3 stories up. I can’t smell it at all😁out side or in.lol

Comment

• Redwasp
                        Redwasp commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I love attic fans. The one we have on one of our houses sucks the tiles up when we cut it on. However I think the family may notice. Lol

• Potted
                        Potted commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It’s only part of the proses,I also have a carbon filter at the other end, just in case 😁

• shane369
                        shane369 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Great idea! 😁

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X