Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, I need help with a Nutrient question...PLEASE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Hi, I need help with a Nutrient question...PLEASE.

I started all my plants in a mixture of Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Coco Coir. The only Nutrient that I have used so far is just the Fox Farm Big Bloom. I may have needed more than that to get them to Flowering, or do I? They all seem to be doing pretty well. The question I have is, Can I just use any brands Bloom Fertilizer or Flowering Nutrient, such as Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice Bloom 0-5-4? Or General Hydroponics Flora Bloom 0-5-4? Or has anyone ever used Grow More 3130 Cactus Juice 1-7-6? I kind of heard some good things about the Cactus Juice..??..I have been very strapped for money for a while is the reason I am trying to save a few bucks, but at the same time not put crap on plants and regret it. I am full of questions guys, lol, sorry. By the way I am a New Member as of yesterday. I have been looking at everyone's post and discussions from time to time to get tips and advise. I finally had to become a member, seeing the wealth of knowledge that is shared here. Happy to be a member, If anyone could help I would appreciate it. I have many more questions as well. THANKS...…………..

I use General Hydroponics. It is cheap and effective.
    Coco has zero nutrients in is, so there is a good chance that you may need more than just a bloom booster.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Same here with general hydroponics! I use the trio for all my grows, you use all 3 throughout the grow, just various amounts of each depending on cycle. Cheap and works awesome!

Comment

Different companies Trio products are designed to work with each other so it's best if all three come from the same company if you can, whichever one you pick. Remember this is not a cheap Hobby.
        You should also put a calcium magnesium supplement on your list
        good luck.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Using Fox Farm Trio growing 4 plants 8 weeks veg 10 weeks flower, ultimately ending up in 5 gallon smart pots each grow with my style watering practices I will use one bottle of Big Bloom maybe half a bottle of grow big and a quarter bottle of tiger bloom so ultimately you'll get more than one grow out of most the liquid nutrients.

MegaCrop works fine in coco, it's cheap too, matter of fact they are still giving away free samples, all you have to do is pay for shipping, about 5bucks.
        MegaCrop is a one part nutrient, easy as hell to use, and works just as good as any other, nutrient line, that's out there.
        Check out MegaCrop! !! And Good Luck!
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks daas just ordered sample, will do side by with normal nutes to see which does better.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good Deal, I bet you like the MegaCrop better, after you try it, it's good stuff. And super easy to use.
            HappyGrowing! !!

Food for thought........ So far you're still organic so you might consider sticking with that route. It can be easier and safer for new growers. Org nutes like alfalfa meal, bone meal, kelp meal, etc. can be found dirt cheap at farm feed stores and can be fed by simply top-dressing your soil and watering. Molasses (Blackstrap, Unsulphured) is your organic soil's best friend, feeding the micro organisms that are breaking down the nutes already present in your soil. I think the FF Big Bloom is already doing some of that. As I was told, once you add non-organic nutes you can't go back. I harvested almost a pound from my first 5 plants in FF Ocean Forest without buying any bottled nutes. A quick comparison: https://www.leafly.com/news/growing/...abis-nutrients
          FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
          Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
          Flower 600w HPS
          alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
          1st grow White Widow
          Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X