Pruning a Cola that is getting no light 12 days into flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Pruning a Cola that is getting no light 12 days into flowering

So i started flowering 12 days ago after along veg process from first grow issues but i have a cola that is near the bottom it's getting no light and shows no signs of growth. So i am wondering can i cut the stem and entire cola branch off or will it do more harm then good. I cut a smaller cola branch about half the size day one of flowering i know i should of let it heal before flowering but height was sneaking up on me and my tent.
    Attached Files

The first picture is the cola branch i am asking if i should prune it or not it shows no signs of bud development

Second picture is the same cola branch under the pile of big cola branches getting no light

Forth picture is of one of the bud sights

Fifth picture is my other plant showing how high it is tied it down recently and it's in the middle cause of watering

Last picture is of a cola branch that is behind and small like the first cola but shows signs of bud development

Comment

You can remove growth that gets little or no direct light.

Comment

What Joe said, you can also remove some of the growth that is blocking light. 12 days in is a good time to defol.

Comment

Yes you can remove any growth that does not receive light. Also if any fan leaves are blocking bud sites you can remove them. If you are fairly new to growing do not do to much. But looking good so far.

Comment

Instead of pruning you might try some side lighting with CFLs.

Comment

• starramus
              starramus commented
              Editing a comment
              I've got a fetish against amputees.

Just remove the Fan leaves. The ones with the long stems. Don't take any sugar leaves (the ones right next to the bud site. If you pluck those, you might kill your plant.

Comment

Well Thanks for sharing you're guys thoughts gonna try and angle it for better light instead of cutting it off

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X