Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Spider Mites - Outdoor

Hey all,

I have a rather advanced spider mite issue on an outdoor flowering plant... This is a bonus plant for me as my indoor setup is my real pride. Its been flowering for roughly 4 weeks. The plant has been largely ignored but upon checking it recently its pretty much completely infested, with minimal webbing visible.

Ive used AzaMax on several occasions before, and have some available for use, my questions is, is it just too late to apply ANY kind of product to the plant at this advanced stage of growth?? Or is there some hope?? Like I said, this is a bonus plant for me, but I also would like to salvage it if possible. If it simply needs to be chopped, ill do that too!

Any and all advice is welcome and greatly appreciated.

Hi Hlon, I've never had them, but this may help: https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-...f-spider-mites
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Unlike neem oil this can be used on blooms. "Mighty Kills all accessible stages of spider mites including eggs. Mighty may be used on fruits and vegetables and can be used indoors, outdoors or in greenhouses. Mighty is fast acting and kills by contact. For best use thoroughly spray all parts of plants at first sign of pests. Mighty also kills all accessible stages of pests listed on container label, including eggs. Read entire container label and use only as directed." https://www.amazon.com/NPK-Industrie...ds=mighty+wash Get those muthafuckas!

Comment

• HIonCANNABI420
        HIonCANNABI420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the input! Ill certainly look into this product immediately. Even though this is a bonus plant, id still like to salvage it, or as much of it as possible!

Thank you again! Happy Growing!!

If it is as invested as you say, then be extra careful that you don't carry any of them into your grow room. After you work on your plant outside, be sure you change cloth before you go into your grow area. Or you will FOR SURE bring them in with you.

"We are the Borg. You will assimilate. Resistance is futile".

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        just like kingfish said the ratio is 50/50 and i used regular rubbing iso alcohol, its the cheapest and most easy to find. i guess you could use other alcohols but i wouldnt waste everclear doing this. i may add i had them in veg so no flowers whatsoever. iso alcohol is supposed to be safe on buds (depending on the agent used to bitter) so if you are spraying on buds you may want to use the highest grade alcohol you have and you should be fine

• HIonCANNABI420
        HIonCANNABI420 commented
        Editing a comment
        The iso and water seems like a solid option but my concern is with the alcohol breaking down trichomes. Or is that just a casualty of war? If so I’m willing to try it, I suppose less potent flowers are better than no flowers.

Also, the reason this plant is in such poor condition outdoors is that I’m overly careful with working outside and then coming into my indoor grow, so I tend to ignore it (exactly why I have an unnoticed infestation) I 100% of the time, after working outdoors, shower and change clothes to avoid bringing it inside.

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        you are completely right. i was thinking about evaporation only and didnt thought about the trichomes, for sure you will dissolve them. i guess thats why they call mites "THE BORG"

I've had best results alternating treatments of SM-90 and spinosad. You can use both at any point of grow process.

Comment

We use smite on our hemp. Never had to use on my flowers. Good luck

Comment

Smite is pricey! $30.00 for 2 oz. https://www.amazon.com/Supreme-Growe...te+insecticide

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X