No announcement yet.

Battle of the Beards: The Wasp vs The Pagan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know Redwasp I think I`m losing my marbles, could`ve sworn I`d sent a reply but can`t find it. Saying that though I was a tad blasted. Red, t`aint fair to delay this further especially due to other grows. Gonna flip the lass this morning and start the 12/12 period today. To be honest my main aim is to not fail too miserably however I`m not sure that`s gonna be possible here mate lol. Thanks for being patient mate

Comment

Well, after much fluffing around, Peyote Critical Kush has been flipped...30 minutes ago to be precise. Usually I`d defol but I`d tidied her up only a few days ago and there`s still plenty of light getting through even if there are gurt big fans all over the place. Still I`m very happy and reckon there`s 9 good, strong stems there. She`s now adjusting to a 600w HID. I use plastic coated mesh baskets to house the pots and this helps when I need move the pots as they get older or I need to defol/ check. Also helps with airflow, root temp and further drainage by not pooling water under a pot which could cause problems if allowed to just sit. It also allows me to gauge the space I need. New lasses sit on-top of an inverted basket to try and maintain even canopy height. When they stretch then I just flip the basket over. Not everyones cup of tea but it works well for me.
      Pic 1-3 show her as she is
      LET BATTLE COMMENCE Redwasp....Funnily enough I was just reading about a particularly brutal battle earlier...The Battle of Brunanburh was fought in 937 between Æthelstan, King of England, and an alliance of Olaf Guthfrithson, King of Dublin; Constantine II, King of Alba (now known as Scotland) and Owen, King of Strathclyde.
      Must be in the mood for waging war...Onwards to harvest mate

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        PaganRich, very nice Mate !!
        She is now fixing to explode with growth, as you already know.
        Stay cool, an I hope you are feeling better.
        Cheers, Mate !!

Looking good my friend and I'll flip later today. No problems there.

Comment

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh shit...Hamilton and Burr? Really? 😂. I didn’t know I could smile more about this whole thing. I look forward to the updates every day on here when I sign in. You guys make for great entertainment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Retodd You want a chuckle, check out the battle between USS United States vs HMS Macedonia in Oct 1812....we didn`t fare so well that day. Needs to be rectified and today is that day mawahahahaha

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        I can’t wait to join you guys this December. I’m the total underdog in it. I just haven’t decided on my strain. I’ve been getting taught well on this whole indoor ordeal. I might surprise ya...lol. I guess it will depend on if we’re going weight or not, size of largest bud could be fun too.

D.A.A.S.69
      Attached Files

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Retodd, awesome, great job, maybe that will get Pagen an Redwasp fired up, even more.lol

She`s slotted in nicely to the main tent. Height is pretty level and she`s responding well to the 600. Will have her first non feed compost tea tomorrow to ensure soils tip top in microbes. In about a week or two, 3 girls will prob be harvested and 2 added to tent to replace and that should free up some space to give her a bit more leg room. Not much more to do now apart from waiting and watering and her 3 week defol....I had a look at this photo and I`m happy at the light getting through the canopy..like that, not too many leaves
      Last edited by PaganRich; 10-30-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        PaganRich, Your gonna have more bud, than you know what to do with Mate#!
        Those are awesome! !
        Cheers.
        Ps, I'm sure you know what to do with them !! Burn Down The Mission. Mate !!
        As Sir EJohn, once said.

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        D.A.A.S.69 You can never have enough weed D unless it`s the Law come visiting. For some reason I`m really into the Door`s drummer at the moment...not like sexual like, the way he plays, got a jazz feel floating through his beats...pretty sweet have to say. Not a big Doors fan but they sure are good musicians that`s for sure

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        He’ll just be the Rocket Man D.A.A.S.69

Looking pretty good Pagan. Some big buds forming. I see quit a battle coming on.

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        kingfish I hope to give him a run for his money at least if possible...cheers mate

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Its on Big time now !!
        GoodLuck to both of y'all !!

PaganRich I made the flip and their first 12 hours of darkness will start in 19 minutes. I'm really excited to see them start their stretch.

Retodd I will get you a picture of the base structure in the next few days.

Comment

Retodd you dont want to go for bud size. Trust me on that one mate. You may as well quit now if we are going on the size of the buds. D.A.A.S.69 can give me a run for my money on bud size but its not fair to you or pagan to go by that. We can do total dry weight as it's easy. I'd prefer to go by actual quality of the smoke. But we would need at least 3 judges maybe 4. I'd say D.A.A.S.69 alltatup Tika and oldjarhead100 as judges. But that that doesn't seem feasible.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Redwasp, I'll be a judge, and be proud for getting the chance to judge.
          I even got judging experience, too.me an a couple of buddies helped judge, a bikini contest in PanamaCity ,Fl. In 1968, while on spring break,lol
          Trust me, they were all winners.!!

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s flattering😊 I agree- bud size not important. Bud structure & quality of the smoke - it’s essence ( of the high) and smoothness.

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          I asked about bud size cuz if we were going that route I’d grow the jock horror. Be nice to have judges, but we’d all have to be in the same place. I’m afraid everyone would be too tore up to judge everything....lol. Be a hella show though!

Happy Halloween everyone...

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          PaganRich If it has a nail rather than a head, it's a finger. Silly.

• LurkingInTheGrass
          LurkingInTheGrass commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL

Did the pagans burn (sacrifice) any non-pagans?

Asking for a friend 😁

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          LurkingInTheGrass Very much so. After the massacre of 3 Roman legions in Germania in 9AD, some of those captured were sacrificed for instance...`Although groups of survivors reached the Lippe valley, the Roman army that had permanently been under attack since it had passed through the Kalkriese narrows, no longer existed. Tacitus tells how captured officers were sacrificed to Germanic gods. Other Roman captives were to serve as slaves, although some of them were later ransomed, and returned to the Roman world. But this happened later. `

Go for Obama Kush for bud size?
        Attached Files

Comment

I'll double check tomorrow but the stretch hit full stride as soon as I flipped the lights to 12/12 and changed the bulb. I went from an I power mh 1000 watt showing 49k lux to a brand new eye hortilux hps showing 98k lux. It may be a bit higher as I didnt let it fully warm up before testing. I also dont have the ballast turned in super lumens just have it on 1000 watts. My last 2 hps bulbs didnt make it a year before they started massively dropping total lux output. I am just guessing it was from running it on super lux.

Anyways if I measured correctly today the plant was at 16 inches tall from the dirt vs 12 at the flip. I'm guessing at noon tomorrow it will be at about 18 inches at a minimum, but we will see.

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Sigh...... My little 600 against a 1000, now I know how the Admiral Graf Spee felt against three British cruisers

My girls were so happy that they now get to sleep 12 hours a day that they have already grown 4 inches taller. The Green Ninja went from 12 to 16 inches tall. The wonder woman to her right went from 12 to 17 inches.

Comment

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          You sure your not giving them a little steroids? Lol. I am going to need some help from you fellas on my lighting schedule. Bliss has had me on a 21/3 schedule on this grow on the autos. You guys are both doing photos right? Can’t wait to see more pix too. Love the updates

I forgot to add the photos. Lol here are the plants today before I did anything to them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181102_172004.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	4.50 MB
ID:	263948Click image for larger version

Name:	20181102_172021.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	3.83 MB
ID:	263949

And here is what they looked like after some light pruning to start opening up the space around each future cola. I do not do a conventional defoliation. I remove very specific leaves and as few as I can to give each cola it's own space and light. Most probably cant even tell it has been pruned.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181102_173413.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	3.44 MB
ID:	263950

Comment

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          Which node did you top at?

Well, Peyote was swamped in big fans covering sites so I did some light pruning and leaf re-arrangement to open up for light and in 5 days she`s grown tall enough to require me to flip over the upturned basket. Reckon I have 8-9 good stems.
        Pic 1 was before I did anything and Pics 2-3 is after a little pruning
        Pic 4 shows lollypopping. I anticipate 2/3rds growth above lollypopped stems and work my grow heights around this as a minimum if that makes sense
        Part of the lineage of Peyote is Critical Kush and I have one on the go next to her. This lass has had an extra week roughly since flipping and has exploded in leaf. She is far too bushy for my liking and there is a serious defoliation coming in about a week and a half`s time. Saying that though Pic 5 show Peyote re-adjusted and next to Crit Kush as a height comparison and Pic 6 shows the main strain Crit Kush as a comparison. Critical Kush is an absolutely amazing smoke and possibly my fav to date

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          PaganRich, just right. Yeah that Bismarck was a real tuff boat, indeed.
          Back in the 60-70s, can't remember, we even had a big song over here called Sink the Bismarck, I think it was by JohnyHorton, not positive though.
          Whenever you get ready to come to the USA, just let us know, an we will take a trip to Vicksburg, an go aboard the USS Cairo.
          My family used to stop at the site of where they were digging it out of the YazooRiver, every time we went to our cabin at EagleLake.
          Cheers ,Mate!!

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          D.A.A.S.69 Thanks D and will definitely do mate, thank you very much for the kind offer....for you....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RTuaqL-eD4

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          PaganRich Wonderful Mate, first time I heard that in a coon age.
          Heavy guitar an drum riffs in that song aint it.
          Cheers

@Pagnrich if I wanted to cheat I'd put up the 4 viperspectrum 450s that are not being used atm so I wouldn't have to worry about my footprint. Lol. That is of course on top of the 1000 watt.

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Redwasp No suggestion of cheating Red and if I was in your situation and could get away with it, I`d fling everything including the kitchen sink at it, the 1,000 and the 450`s plus hold a candle light vigil as well. Nope, just envious but remember, it ain`t over til the fat lady sings...hopefully not opera

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          HAHAHHAHA! Fuck all, you guys crack me up!

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          Do carry on alo😘

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X