How can I dry my weed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I dry my weed?

I harvested some Nebula CBD in May. I have had it in the basement since then on drying racks. It is still really wet, almost to wet to grind. The humidity in the basement doesn't appear to be that bad. I have never had this problem before. Is there a low cost way of drying it? Can I put it in a warm oven?
    Thanks

4 months on a drying rack? And still wet? No mold ?
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Must be 100percent humidity down there, you reckon.?

Hey Ed, Man that's a shame, I wouldn't even give that to my buddy, thats always bumming, lol
    To late now, but you should have read Nebulas articles on drying your crop before you cut her down.
    Sorry
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Put it out in the sun to dry if possible, and hopefully that should do it. Try not to dry in oven or microwave for this will hurt the weed and u won’t get as buzzed.

Comment

Yeah no mold at all. I put som ein a couple of jars with 62% Bovida packs and that seems to have helped some. Not interested in a buzz, its the cbd effect for my wife that matters. If it would ever quit raining here I would set it outside.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like you have your weed in good conditions. You just need to get it into the perfect range for smoking. 62 is standard for curing but for smoking I like 50-55% if you live in a high humidity environment it’s hard to get there. If I where you i would place he weed in a tray, put inside your car and turn on the AC. Once it feels crumbly put into glass jars and try not to open hem too often

Never heard of mj, taking 70-80days to dry, when normally 5-7days.
        Taking the leaves off the buds will help ,if you haven't already, but something is not right, it don't take 70days to dry, I hope its allright, but I'd be scared of it.
        Have you got any pictures ??
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it’s not been drying all this time. It dried enough to cure and he didn’t Jared it so it cured with air. It’s like storing your weed in a rh controled room like cigars. You gotta dry it some more to smoke it but it’s perfectly fine weed

What does it smell like?
        "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Iv herd of drying weed by putting in paper bags and placeing in the fridge it takes a week or two but it does the job, with no harm to the cbd’s or any thing else.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s the best idea. Just be careful they’ll get really really dry if you let them. I would place in mason jars once they’re in the sweet spot and let warm up to room temperature before you grind them so trichomes don’t fall off

My Nebula CBD from Nirvana stays fairly wet feeling even when properly cured and dried. It feels wet even at 60% humidity. And always seems to be harder to grind in a grinder than other strains. Even at 55% its is harder to grind. But it smokes well. Not sure why this is and I thought it was just mine. But sounds like it's the same with yours. Have you smoked any? If it hasn't gone bad your basement must have the perfect curing/storing conditions. Which is possible, but rare.

Comment

Thanks guys for the ideas. I like Potted;s the best. I will try that. It smells just fine. The wife says that it works OK (tastes like shit), it just gums everything up. Maybe Redwasp is on to something. My seeds were from Nirvana, maybe just a characeristic of that plant?

Comment

It is still one of my favorite anytime smokes when I want to feel better mentally or physically. I usually use it in a pipe so have no issues. But mine has a unique flavor but does not taste bad. I actually like the flavor alot.

Comment

putting it in thr fridge did the trick. Into a brown paper bag in the veg crisper and voila it dried out just fine. Wife says it tastes better too. Thanks guys for the idea!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X