My 1st Scrog Attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1st Scrog Attempt

I've got a 4 by 4 by 6 grow tent set up outside in a perfect spot that's secluded. I'm going with three feminized Indica Sprouts which I'm going to keep in the house under lights until they've matured enough to be t opped before going into the tent. In a few weeks when they're bigger three female indicas in 7 gallon plant bags are going in.

I've got the 7 gal planter bags in place with the scrog net ready to go. Average temperature where I am is typically low to mid 70s almost year round.

The tent is in a spot where it's completely shaded. I have one blower blowing air into the tent at the bottom. I have a second fan blowing air out of the tent from the top.

I've got my thermometer in place. I'm thinking trying to keep it somewhere between 70 and 80 degrees in there?

I'd like to know if what I have said so far is right. My real question involves the lights for this grow.

Right now I have a 600 watt HPS and a 600 watt MH bulb with a 600W power supply. At which stages of growth should I use which bulb?

Is one 600W light going to he enough light for this scrog grow?

Good luck! Following. Traditionally MH is used for veg and HPS for flower. I use my HPS for both and I find I get bustier growth

Comment

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      What do you mean by bustier growth?

• Euroaznscotty
      Euroaznscotty commented
      Editing a comment
      * bushier

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool that's what I've been using

My three ladies are almost 2 weeks old from seed now. Do they look like they're ready to be topped or should I wait a bit longer?

Comment

Not ready to top, but ready to transplant into a bigger pot. And when you do bury your stems up away so they're not so stretchy.
      top them when they are health with 6 plus nodes or leaf sets
      1 600w Mh bulb at 22 inchs or 30000lux at top of Plant. Flip to the hps for flowering.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Home at last

Comment

Was just thinking, are grow tents waterproof? being outside an all.
            Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
            Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
            36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
            4 bulb T5's for Veg.
            2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
            IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
            3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• sbcomposer
              sbcomposer commented
              Editing a comment
              Most are what would I would call water-resistant just like any canvas tent is. Fortunately where we live we rarely see rain. Actually that should be unfortunately but you get the idea.

also since rain is so rare here we typically know it's coming and we'll throw a tarp over it just as a precaution. This is our second grow outdoors in a tent here no problem at all. In fact if we're lucky to get rain the added humidity the plants just love.

• uncledoug
              uncledoug commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds like a great environment for growing. Seems getting water could be an issue? Where I live we get a lot of rain, sleet, ice storms, snow and the occasional blizzard. lol Two different worlds. Good luck with your grow, hope you keep us updated, with lots of pictures too.

Here are my three girls three days after being replanted and put into the tent. Should I wait a little longer before topping these?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              personally i would wait at least a week, when the plant is growing faster and a bit stronger, but i dont train excessively to achieve a super low structure like in mainlinig, i just top and suppercrop to achieve an upside down pyramid shape

Thank you! 05 I'll post another update next weekend.

Comment

About 3 weeks now.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                hey there my friend. your plants look great, this is around the time ii would top them. make sure remove only the very top with clean scissors (: hopefully they wont stop rowing more than a day

You want your net A LOT tighter than that.
              "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
              5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
              600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
              Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
              400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
              ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
              13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• Chefbjy
                Chefbjy commented
                Editing a comment
                More squares 😉.

• RosettaStoned
                RosettaStoned commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes 2x2 or 3x3 would be better. Think guitar string for tightness.

So I ended up topping these about 3 days after I asked for advice on that issue. The reason being these things are just growing really fast. Even after topping them I'm seeing two inches just since yesterday.

So here's a three-week pic when I opened the tent today.

Comment

I went ahead and got the net tightened. These ladies are extremely healthy.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i think its too early for the net, they do not need support this small. you first need to let the plant grow as tall as the distance from the pot to the edge of the tent so when you lay over the net the branches bend horizontally and the whole tent gets filled up. if you like i could take a picture of my current scrog and share it with you to see what i mean (:

Looks good. Also looks like you won't have a lot of space to veg for much longer. Unless you will do a bit more topping of course

Comment

Yeah going to top once more at the end of this week.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X