First grow kindsoil soil leaves continue to Yellow even up at the top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow kindsoil soil leaves continue to Yellow even up at the top

I wrote earlier a couple weeks ago about a problem with only one of my girls having yellowing leaves towards the bottom. Epsom salts was recommended and so I did that for two waterings. Then got a hold of Phil at kind soil and was rather reprimanded for having done anything but pure water. But as I write this today and send pictures as you can see it's gotten much much worse, and in plant number 5, the leaves are yellowing at the top. They are flowering true, but not ready for Harvest for at least another month. I am at a loss about what to do. Hopefully these pictures will come through. I'm watering them with plain water for the last four Waters, they each take about six cups before I feel wet through the bottom of the cloth pot. I have been watering them about every 3 to 4 days. Is this not enough? Today I lifted the pots and they were light as a feather and I watered the day before yesterday. Do they take more water the closer they get to harvest? For those reading this that don't know, these are all autos. I have read and reread the tutorials, and my initial belief was that it was a magnesium deficiency. Again because this is kind soil I am completely thrown about what's going on here. They are in 3 lb of kind soil topped with Pro mix BX in each 3 gallon cloth pot.
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

They look sad - I guess Epsom salts were the mistake. And yeah they get thirsty at times - I only water as well when these fabric pots get feather light. Can't think of anything to help at the moment - I've never used Kindsoil, Promix HP is easy for me.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Watering every 3 days is normal. Yes plants drink up a lot during flower but reaching the last couple of weeks they don’t drink much. Plants look like they’re hungry for nitrogen mostly. Did you mix epsom salt with the water you give them? I’m pretty sure that will rise the ph a lot. Specially using pure water. Do you monitor ph? You could have too high ph in your roots impeding nutrients from being absorbed. that or the plant consumed all the nutrients in your soil and want some more

Comment

• Greenpassion
        Greenpassion commented
        Editing a comment
        And thus far, I've been watering every fourth day not every 3 days. This is because when I showed Phil the pictures of one of them yellowing he said it look like I was overwatering. I think perhaps I am under watering, and yes, either in nitrogen or magnesium or both deficiency. So tomorrow morning I'm going to top dress them with kind soil as D.A.A.S.69 suggested.

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        So you are using well water. Do you know what’s the EC? If I use my well water plants die witching a couple of months. Dangerous levels of sulfur and sodium in mine. Epsom salts have a lot of sulfur in them too.
        I know it’s us d for magnesium deficiency but your plant seems to only need nitrogen

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the only variable unaccounted for is what’s in your water

Greenpassion, Take 3-4handfulls of Kindsoil, and topdress with it, and water it in real slow, and they will stop turning yellow, the leaf tips might get burned a little, but that ain't gonna hurt anything. Yeah Phil thinks KindSoil is perfect, lol
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• Greenpassion
        Greenpassion commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok D.A.A.S.69, when I water them tomorrow morning that is what I will do then. They really look awful.

Do you think I should be watering them sooner than every fourth day? Today is 3 days out and they are also super light that I was very tempted to water them but didn't.
      We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
      8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

OMG! I just tested my distilled water to see if my pain was f***** up, and my distilled water is testing at 4.60! Isn't distilled water supposed to be like 7? I'm going to the store to buy a fresh jug and see what that tests at. I wonder if all this yellowing is because my pH is been way way off because my pen has been all screwed up. Maybe I don't know how to calibrate correctly. I've tried and tried and tried to calibrate this thing thinking that I'm doing it right. And there's no one here to tell me otherwise so...
        Last edited by Greenpassion; 08-31-2018, 04:43 PM.
        We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
        8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          No no no!!! You are making a huge mistake. You can’t and should not be measuring ph in destiles water. It has theoretically low ph cause it has no particles in it except for CO2. And it will inmediatly adopt the ph of whatever it comes into contact like your soil. Measuring distilled water it’s the fastest and most effective way to fuck up your ph pen. I don’t know the exact science but it’s a big no no because of the way ph pens work. There is a probe that looses ions cause it’s an open circuit

• Greenpassion
          Greenpassion commented
          Editing a comment
          As far as how do I store the pain it is a Vantacool, and it is stored just by wiping it clean and putting the cap on. And I've only tested the pH of the distilled water once. I don't think my pen is messed up at this point. My water tested out at 6.6 from my tap. I'll see how things turned out as a result of top dressing these plants with the kind soil.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Greenpassion, are you using your tap water to water your plants ?
          Topdressing is gonna help alot, and it don't take long either, to show up on your plants, if you dont see a little tip burn in 2days ,do it again, with KindSoil, You need to water it in real slow too, I've even misted, it in before, but it took along time to get the bottom of my pots soggy.
          It ain't gonna help them bad ones, but it will sure stop it.
          First time I used KindSoil, i used the same 6.5 water and never watered to runoff and 90days later, when I cut the plant down, i checked the runoff, just to see what it was, and it was 6.3.

Yes I use tap water. My water is well water actually. I put three or four handfuls around each pot last night. And watered it in slowly with a watering can. Not quite as slow as misting it though. It's interesting that the one that I have numbered six, is going to be harvested first, has very thick big buds on it and almost no yellowing leaves.
        We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
        8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• Greenpassion
          Greenpassion commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm also noticing that aside from number 6 that is thick super thick with tight buds, many of the others have a lot of space in between buds along the stem and their leaves seem to be smaller and smaller. This is been a terrible grow. I don't think I'm going to get anything out of it at all to speak of.

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t be discouraged. That’s exactly what pheno hunting is. Be glad you found at least one good plant. I’ve had entire grows full of shitty plants. Although you need to clone them before flowering otherwise you’re up for the same gamble next round.

Unless you get some highly hybridized strains from a reputable breeder.

• Greenpassion
          Greenpassion commented
          Editing a comment
          I appreciate that @Ninefingerleafs, but I'm really pretty disappointed just the same.

16 days ago I planted 4 more OG Kush Auto seeds. They look super and are growing fast but this first grow also looked super. I'm trying not to be so negative but I'm concerned that the same thing will happen because I don't have any answers as to really why it has. Oh well...
        We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
        8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Your doing fine for a first grow, with KindSoil, you want to keep your roots damp, i pour 6ozs of Recharge right next to the stalk, everyday or two. The whole grow.
          If your water is good it's hard to mess up, unless you over-under water them.

• Greenpassion
          Greenpassion commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you mix the recharge with water? Or do you just pour it on, and do you use it just after watering or when it needs watering? My hope is that if I do just as you do I will have much better luck!

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Greenpassion, ,the first few times I used KindSoil I didn't use Recharge, just water.
          But I've been using Recharge alot lately,
          Yes all you do is mix it with about a gallon of water an then pour 4-6ozs, next to the stalk.
          Read up on it first, it makes your ph real high,in your water, But it hasn't hurt anything, cause I use small amounts of water.

I'm concerned about the accuracy of my ph pen. What. Brand do you use? Mine is Vantakool. If Recharge changes it a lot...?
        We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
        8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          If your ph pen has a brand it’s a nice one. Me like many others use the cheap yellow Chinese one

• Greenpassion
          Greenpassion commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine was cheap, and it's also yellow! LOL! I think it cost around 20 bucks or something.

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha probably the same one. Let me tell you this. First year it got decalibrated every month and I used vinegar (ph 2.4) and my hard tap water (ph7.5) to calibrate it. And for the past 18 months it has been working flawlessly. I know my water and my nutes. I feed the same all veg and all flower. So I could never measure ph but I do every time and it’s spot on every time

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X